• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

What's next for manufactured saddles?

TNbowhunter

As we're nearing the end of this season, my thoughts are already turning to next season and the load-out I'll use in 2020. What do y'all think might be on the horizon for saddle manufacturers in terms of next-gen upgrades? I saw @flinginairos tell folks to watch for an update this offseason about new offerings, and I'm curious whether others have ideas or have heard rumblings of what else might be on the horizon (and when!).

I’m crossing my fingers for More versatility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In what way?

It was more of a joke because I really never knew what versatile meant when referencing saddle hunting. It’s just another vague marketing word imo.

To be serious I’m not sure what manufacturers can do to improve. Maybe tweak their current design to incorporate carrying their gear the same way LWCG has done with their sticks and stands. WE did with their perch and Yarak. There is no magic design that every body type will experience saddle nirvana in the tree.

Saddle Hunters tend to throw money at hunting companies the same way Apple users do every year or two when a new phone is released with .002” more screen space and negligible bumps. It will be interesting if this trend continues or if it was just a surge in interest from hunters. Not on the same scale, but I really don’t know what they can do to 1. Justify upgrading. 2. Capture more market share. 3. Increase users.

It was more of a joke because I really never knew what versatile meant when referencing saddle hunting. It’s just another vague marketing word imo.

To be serious I’m not sure what manufacturers can do to improve. Maybe tweak their current design to incorporate carrying their gear the same way LWCG has done with their sticks and stands. WE did with their perch and Yarak. There is no magic design that every body type will experience saddle nirvana in the tree.

Saddle Hunters tend to throw money at hunting companies the same way Apple users do every year or two when a new phone is released with .002” more screen space and negligible bumps. It will be interesting if this trend continues or if it was just a surge in interest from hunters. Not on the same scale, but I really don’t know what they can do to 1. Justify upgrading. 2. Capture more market share. 3. Increase users.

Got ya. I definitely saw the humor in your post but, wasn't sure if that's what you meant.

I’d like to see saddlehunters focus on what they can do for the planet, as a group, than what our golden geese can crank out to satisfy our desire to have all the toys!

From the golden geese - more specific and dynamic testing of all gear currently being offered. Less money and time spent on making an incremental change to what’s available now, and more spent on avoiding one person from losing life or limb. Every single day the odds go up one of us is coming home in a bag. Whether it’s due to equipment failure or user error, a concerted effort to look after their customers would go a long way in my mind.

How about some game changing lead times! To edit this I’m not selfishly wanting my stuff now & don’t care whether they stay in business or not. I want them to thrive & compete but improve lead times rather than roll out new toys!

Last edited:
I think we will see quite a few new offerings. I have thought about buying a used setup for some late season hunting this year, but I am holding off to see what comes out. Plan on ordering this spring so I have plenty of time to play around with it since I have never owned a saddle.

I hope I'm not being unimaginative, but I think we're nearing the point where innovation potential has just about maxed out. I would expect more tweaks and copycatting from here on out than anything "gamechanging".

More a la carte to customize certain options and hardware would be great.

I don’t agree with the comment that innovation potential has been maxed out. Just look at all the innovative ideas that have been shared on this site over the past year. We wouldn’t all be modding our gear if we thought it is already perfect.

I don’t agree with the comment that innovation potential has been maxed out. Just look at all the innovative ideas that have been shared on this site over the past year. We wouldn’t all be modding our gear if we thought it is already perfect.
What he means, and I agree with him, is that we have and will continue to see incremental, small tweaks coming, just like the ideas shared on the site, but there is not much room left for significant, quantum leaps. Add some new material to the mix that has not been created and that may change, but not otherwise.

As we're nearing the end of this season, my thoughts are already turning to next season and the load-out I'll use in 2020. What do y'all think might be on the horizon for saddle manufacturers in terms of next-gen upgrades? I saw @flinginairos tell folks to watch for an update this offseason about new offerings, and I'm curious whether others have ideas or have heard rumblings of what else might be on the horizon (and when!).

I think the innovation will be in climbing solutions. For example...folks are now using platforms that also can be used to climb..like hand climber seats from LW. To me this is moving in the perfect solution...stay tethered to the tree climb and platform combo as long as they are smaller lighter solutions.

I think the innovation will be in climbing solutions. For example...folks are now using platforms that also can be used to climb..like hand climber seats from LW. To me this is moving in the perfect solution...stay tethered to the tree climb and platform combo as long as they are smaller lighter solutions.

This is a four or five year old idea and not any advancements yet.
I think it’s downfall is you need a climber type tree.

See you in a tree, Ricky

Back