• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

What's wrong with people?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rutjr

I found this spot with a nice trail that parallels a field so I figured I would put a couple cameras on it. So far I've got two pictures of this guy carrying bags of corn to bait the deer which is illegal in my state, it can also kill the deer.

Yea some people just don't get it. I'd be worried about my cameras getting stolen. If he's willing to break the law one way he probably don't have much regard for the rest.

Yes agreed get dnr/conservation involved. You’re not being a snitch. He’s cheating and tipping the odds his way. Get the pics to a conservation officer. Sooner the better and get him out of the woods

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe he has a camera out too? Can you feed wildlife there? Maybe he is just getting pictures?

I ran into a baiting situation-on public land this season and reported it to DNR it's illegal in my state I spoke to the warden and now since I know about the bait I cannot hunt any where in the area which has a good number of deer there he told me to find a different spot

My state is something like you have to be 200 yards from known bait up to 30 days after removal. I showed warden a bait pile. I met him to look at it. He ended up taking a summit viper we found and a muddy camera. He left a note with a number to call for gear back.

I found this spot with a nice trail that parallels a field so I figured I would put a couple cameras on it. So far I've got two pictures of this guy carrying bags of corn to bait the deer which is illegal in my state, it can also kill the deer.

I turned in a guy the other day for this very thing. pulled his card, found a pic with him on it, snapped it with my cell phone, returned the card and sent everything to the Game Warden - who went in took the camera and left his biz card. later that even this idiot left me a threatening message on my truck which I also forwarded to LE. Idiots are out there and I have zero problem reporting them to LE. I also carry now days while I am hunting.

I’ve never heard of corn killing deer. I’ve heard of killing deer over corn but not the other way around.

Look it up, Enterotoxcemia. In the fall their digestive system changes because their food source changes. They can’t digest corn and it will kill them.

Last edited:
Modern day field corn is so full of chemicals and HORMONES it is GMO and not healthy for deer.

I have ZERO issues with “snitching”. If they’re breaking the law, I have zero respect or tolerance for their behavior. The arguments for “stay in your lane” or “mind your own business” are absolutely ridiculous to me, especially on public land.

Emrah

I ran into a baiting situation-on public land this season and reported it to DNR it's illegal in my state I spoke to the warden and now since I know about the bait I cannot hunt any where in the area which has a good number of deer there he told me to find a different spot
That's what sucks. Better by far than inadvertently hunting over illegal bait though.

Fortunately we get 10 day removal in MN. Also an adjacent-property "I didn't agree to this" exception.

Last edited:
I worked at BPS and the DNR came into the store in Foxboro MA and told us they found 17 deer that died from eating corn. That’s how I first heard about it.

I worked at BPS and the DNR came into the store in Foxboro MA and told us they found 17 deer that died from eating corn. That’s how I first heard about it.

I suspect that the danger this time of year would be more in disease spreading, susceptability to predation, and starvation/malnutrition if the deer rely on this food source too long. If they live on corn bait (where it's not otherwise available) and delay their digestive changeover, if the food abruptly disappears they can't digest browse when they need it. More or less they need time to gradually switch in both directions.

My parents' idiot neighbor is a seasonal resident/vacation home. Among a whole host of stupid and damaging things they do, they feed the heck outta deer when they are around. This concentrates the deer for the local wolfpack to pick some off through december, and when they go south in the new year all of a sudden deer adapted to digesting corn need to figure out how to survive a northern MN winter. Zero ag. no significant fruit trees. Nothing natural that digests like corn.

Deer feeding is a vile selfish thing more often than not.

Geeze, guess thats why we don't see more kill pics on here. Folks are more concerned with making sure deer get a nutritious, balanced breakfast than they are with sticking a rage on the cage! Lol

Lighten up folks. Everybody speeds, looks at women that ain't theirs, and has thrown a little corn out! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back