• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

WHATS YOUR 2019/2020 HUNTING GOALS??

Jwiggins762

1.)FILL THE FREEZER(only had one deer last year the wife got her first buck)
2.)KILL MY BEST BUCK(I've killed a nice 6pt years ago dog hunting and a 7pt 2 years ago. Would like a 8pt or better.
3.)GO IN BLIND AND KILL A DEER.(Ive scouted a good bit but most of my hunts will be going in with cyber scouting only.)
4.) KILL MY FIRST HOG.(Either with bow/gun, doesn't matter to me.)
5.) TAG OUT ON SQUIRRELS FOR A DAY.(We get 8/day)
6.) KILL MY FIRST TURKEY.(Only went once with my dad years ago.)

Stay safe and have fun.....all else is a bonus!! Also get up to my hunting camp in the north country a time or 2 more in the season.Its tough when I hunt behind the house.

Stay safe and put a deer on the ground. Adult onset whitetail syndrome leads to a low bar of success. Should have a lot of time in the woods this fall and winter so I’m optimistic.

1) Get my 10yr old son his first deer kill (buck or doe, doesn't matter)
2) Get my first kill with a recurve (again, buck or doe)
3) Get a kill with my new (old) 1969 JM Marlin 336 30-30 w/ iron sights
4) Hit more doves than I miss (a guy can dream right?)
5) Bag a fall turkey with the recurve
6) Get some blood in the bed of my new truck (1-5 will take care of that)

1.) Beat best buck
2.). Get canoe bloody
3.) Shoot at least 2 deer.
4.) Buy new freezer. (Maybe that should be #1)
5.) Hunt at least two new spots
6.) Don't waste time hunting spots that don't have either hot sign or a really good reason for me to be there
7.) Hunt more mornings.

5-6 deer, we eat a lot :)
Film every hunt
Big ol giant buck - like 150 or better
Win the saddle hunter contest!
Get a sweet Buckstache

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Mine is to kill 2 pope and young bucks with the bow. I've killed a bunch of bucks over the years and some good ones, just never knocked down a big one with the bow. I've got a couple on private that size I can hunt, but I also would like to get one of them off of public. I've got a bunch of spots scouted out on public and a few cyber scouted I'd like to hit this season.

5-6 deer, we eat a lot :)
Film every hunt
Big ol giant buck - like 150 or better
Win the saddle hunter contest!
Get a sweet Buckstache

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Yea I've never had just a mustache before so its gonna be weird, but im ready to
Rock the Buckstache. At least til i kill a buck then it comes off lol.

Double lung a deer
2 deer (we get 6)
P&Y
Kill a squirrel with my new .22
Not get ruined by someone on an OHV
Continue packing deer out.
Get more efficient at gutless method

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back