• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Where can I get a climbing rated quick link?

bsites9

I think using one might make me more open to hunting from trees with lots of cover and limbs. I found one in my tool box. Looks pretty heavy duty, my 11mm rope just barely fits through it when open...but I don't want to take a chance using it if it's not meant to be used for this.

So where can I buy one of these?

I think using one might make me more open to hunting from trees with lots of cover and limbs. I found one in my tool box. Looks pretty heavy duty, my 11mm rope just barely fits through it when open...but I don't want to take a chance using it if it's not meant to be used for this.

So where can I buy one of these?

atlantic rigging supply has the biggest selection and from what i consider the best maker (maillon rapide made in France and what Petzl sells under their brand)

however, they are a smaller operation than what they seem and it has taken a while to get some items, i think they allow you to backorder without telling you

you could always call....i hear it a husband and wife team

here's a link to my favorite link from him (a link to a link.....I love this country!)

consider the stainless over galvanized.....looks better and stronger for the same size and i think screws/unscrews better....i've had several of both types

Second for REI or EWO. The hardware store quick links are *probably* strong enough, but they're not made to support human life aloft. If you get something made for climbers or arborists or roofers, who do need to stay alive at height, you'll have eliminated a weak link. Your life is worth an extra $7.00.

Thanks guys. I definitely was never considering using the one I found in my garage. I actually think they came with one of the many harnesses I've had over the years, but I wasn't going to take that chance.

Thanks guys. I definitely was never considering using the one I found in my garage. I actually think they came with one of the many harnesses I've had over the years, but I wasn't going to take that chance.
Is it marked? I don't have either of my climbing links in front of me, but IIRC they're stamped with the weight rating. If it's not marked, I wouldn't trust it.

Thanks again everyone for the responses. I actually found another one out in my tote with all my old harnesses, and this one actually had writing on it.
Of course it says made in Taiwan. But below it, it says “9NWLL2200LBS”

Thoughts on this one?

Back