• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Which arrows

CooterBrown

SH Member
Looking to buy some 250 spine arrows what do y'all suggest. Compound bow

I love gold tip hunter XT! They are tough as crap compared to my old black eagle carnivores!

i've shot goldtip ultralights for over a decade, which aren't as tough as the hunters. But still, the only time I've ever broken an arrow is when i hit an arrow with another. I shot over a 3D deer and hit a pile of big rocks....arrow somersaulted sideways and threw sparks...still perfectly fine. But I retired that arrow and any hard impact arrows just for my nerves...but I probably don't need to.

I've sent these through many animals and into the dirt and the arrow was never harmed at all. The hunters are probably practically indestructible.

I’m loving my day six arrows, the outsert on the front really takes the beating I’ve hit stuff with them that would destroy my old arrows

I have zero knowledge on anything else out there but another vote for Gold Tip Hunter XT's. Love em!

I'm no expert either but if you're looking to save weight in arrow to help FOC Easton has sonic 6.0 in 250 at only 9.5 gpi.

What are your goals in this build? T.A.W? High F.O.C.? Speed?

I'm no expert either but if you're looking to save weight in arrow to help FOC Easton has sonic 6.0 in 250 at only 9.5 gpi.

What are your goals in this build? T.A.W? High F.O.C.? Speed?
Just a middle of the road build. Not high speed but not full RF 650 TAW. Somewhere around 550

i've shot goldtip ultralights for over a decade, which aren't as tough as the hunters. But still, the only time I've ever broken an arrow is when i hit an arrow with another. I shot over a 3D deer and hit a pile of big rocks....arrow somersaulted sideways and threw sparks...still perfectly fine. But I retired that arrow and any hard impact arrows just for my nerves...but I probably don't need to.

I've sent these through many animals and into the dirt and the arrow was never harmed at all. The hunters are probably practically indestructible.
I agree Gold Tip are awesome. I use the Hunter Pros. Spendy but what isn’t today. Can’t go wrong my opinion.

I agree Gold Tip are awesome. I use the Hunter Pros. Spendy but what isn’t today. Can’t go wrong my opinion.

i upgraded to ultralight pros last year

they are the same weight and straightness tolerances as the hunter pros but a good bit cheaper...i guess because they use less carbon

the ultralights are the same arrow as the velocity, and again the ultralights are cheaper for some reason

Hey I’d definitely take a look at black eagle carnivores. They’re an awesome arrow and pretty affordable.

For what it's worth I've tried at least 4 ( Easton 5 fmj, sonic 6, victory rip xv, Easton 6.5, and some extra cheapies) and I keep coming back to the 6.5s. cheap and shooting well for me

I been shoot Sirius Apollo's. I have no complaints about the arrows. Keep thinking about some different insert options. But to many other things going on to mess with it. A little pricey. Especially if you want them to build them. But I do my own.

Back