• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

WHICH SADDLE FOR YOU BIG GUYS ?

emerald ghost

SH Member
I have a friend who is just getting started and is looking for a saddle. He is 6-3 and weighs about 280 pounds.
For you BIG GUYS out there, what are you hunting out of ?
Thanks for your input in advance.

Well I’m 6’2” 240 and I use the tethrd menace. Another guy I know 6’1 270 and uses the menace.

5’11’’ sitting at 250 but hunted as high as 268. XC for me, no issues whatsoever

6’6” 270lbs been using an aero kite for a few years. Also really like this TX5 Lonestar I got last year. Really just about adjustment only ever had 2 saddles I couldn’t find comfy

Well I’m 6’2” 240 and I use the tethrd menace. Another guy I know 6’1 270 and uses the menace.
I feel like I should clarify. Myself and my lineman both wear a 36 waist so I’m not really sure that counts.

Ok - so...full confession. So - last year, I bought my son and I the Hawk System (please don't judge). I'm going to upgrade this year and I'm one of the larger guys - 6'2" 250. If I wanted the best of both worlds (lean/sit) which saddle I should be looking at. Tethrd is going to be in Louisville next week and I'm going to do the 3.5 hour drive to go talk to them. But, I would love to hear some thoughts before I go and get thoroughly indoctrinated by Tethrd. If they're the choice, then they're the choice.

Thank you! Do you primarily lean or sit? Or does the Cruzr afford both options?
Im a leaner most times.
I will be using the fix platform especially early season and use a .5 hangon for long sits my saddle setup is kind of a hybrid setup
The cruzr in my opinion has it all and will be a great fit for almost any style.

Im a leaner most times.
I will be using the fix platform especially early season and use a .5 hangon for long sits my saddle setup is kind of a hybrid setup
The cruzr in my opinion has it all and will be a great fit for almost any style.
I'll say this: the fact that Cruzr is from my homestate of Tennessee is a plus for me. I'm ashamed I bought something from China in the Hawk system.

6', 250-260. 40 waist. Latitude classis feels good. Kestrel felt good. (Would add a adjustable bridge). Cobra is awesome. XC is a good pick. Comfort is always going to be different for everyone. So no hands down answer.
Custom gear modification is in TN as well.
Most have a good return policy. So if you hate it, you can send it back. Or try to find a meet up.

I purchased a tx5 lonestaramd it is very comfortable. I’m 6’3” and a bigger guy

Ok - so...full confession. So - last year, I bought my son and I the Hawk System (please don't judge). I'm going to upgrade this year and I'm one of the larger guys - 6'2" 250. If I wanted the best of both worlds (lean/sit) which saddle I should be looking at. Tethrd is going to be in Louisville next week and I'm going to do the 3.5 hour drive to go talk to them. But, I would love to hear some thoughts before I go and get thoroughly indoctrinated by Tethrd. If they're the choice, then they're the choice.
I’d go with The Cruzr XC or Archon. There are several saddles that are more comfortable than the Tethrd!. I’m 6’3” 240 ish. I think the 2 panels are more comfortable for bigger guys because you can adjust more. Good luck! I use the Archon and luv it! But I have tried several of the expandable panel saddles and they weren’t bad either.

Back