• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Which saddle has the smallest butt area?

DanielB89

So I got the Latitude method in today and I have learned that I am not a huge fan of the 2 panel system. I did find that the bottom panel was VERY comfortable and I coudl almost see sitting in just it and hunting; which leads me to the question above..

Mantis is uncomfortably short and probably your ticket. At some point I should sell mine.

Sorry to hear you're not a huge fan of that. I think the phantom is shorter height wise than the mantis.
nah man, you gotta pay to play. I still have my phantom. I had just heard great things about the method and wanted to try it out. I will likely give it a try or two in the woods but I didn't like my initial impression. Its almost like the top is just my waste belt and the bottom is what I sit in. Then when I make them over lap I can feel the webbing horizontally across my butt. I think the stitching and all that is GREAT! Just not sure I like the 2 panel saddle.

I bought the phantom this year. Used it about 6 times...I've hung it up and went back to my aerohunter flex. I wanted the phantom to work...but man the comfort just wasn't there for me.

I bought the phantom this year. Used it about 6 times...I've hung it up and went back to my aerohunter flex. I wanted the phantom to work...but man the comfort just wasn't there for me.

I’ll be doing the exact same as soon as my Merlin gets here. I had the Kestrel Flex last year, sold it for the phantom and I regret it. It’s mostly comfortable but nothing like my Kestrel Flex was.

Everyone is different, I bought a Merlin to try instead of the Mantis I have been using. It was the most uncomfortable saddle ive sat in for me personally. It was huge, and cupped so far under my legs it caused tons of pressure. Ive sold it and went back to the Mantis for now.

This is why I have stuck with the sit drag for now. I can move it where I want it, leaning or sitting. Had a Cruzr XC but it was so big it was actually uncomfortable. Went way to high on my back that I couldn't twist to shoot well.

Amen to the SitDrag! I have no butt at all, my SitDrag is great, I have a Mantis, what an absolute torture device. Even with an adjustable bridge it is brutal. Small waist and no butt... SitDrag

I have never been diagnosed with noassitol, and I never will unfortunately. Just in my genes/jeans I reckon. So I’m stuck with using big pleated saddles, or even better the jx3. Wish I had a mantis I could trade you for the method. Based on your description that may be the ticket for you. Or you could try a recon or ESS and overlap the panels to make it narrow.

Im in the same boat with chappy. Im about to sell my phantom and try a method or one of the 2 panels. I recently got in a recon and loved it.

I keep waiting for a used ESS to show up at a good price to try, but I'm always too slow.

Back