• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Which Saddle Should I Get?

Ztuts213

Alright guys so everyone on Social media praises tethrd but on here everybody talking about cruzr
My question is what would be the best fit for me any of y’all got similar body types with recommendations.

5’ 8”
194 lbs
Thunder thighs
Long legs short torso and love handles from my wife and baby’s sympathy weight (she says it is okay ;)
33-34 waist.
Still pretty athletic and young 28 yo

Please post your suggestions….other than cardio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't say enough good things about the Latitude Classic but it is the only saddle I have ever used. The upgrades that latitude made to the classi 2 are exactly what I would want but they are not enough for me to justify buying one as my I really love the classic. I am waiting on a Method 2 that I purchased from another user to arrive. The only reason I ordered it is that my son wants to start saddle hunting next season so I will have a saddle for him. Not sure if he will be getting my classic or the method at this point though. I tried a few others but didn't spend a lot of time in them. It does take a little time to get comfortable in any saddle as far as finding the right bridge adjustment etc. Not every saddle is going to be the same for every saddle user. The nice thing is if you find yourself with a saddle that is not right for you can probably sell it here. You may even want to consider buying a reputable used saddle here as it seems like there might be a few guys who are always looking for the next best saddle

For single panel, the Cruzr XC seem to be the most comfortable.

I would recommend the Transformer if you consider 2 panels.

But some questions to answer that might get you more detail response would be:

Do you think you're more a sitter or leaner?

Ring of steps or platform?

For single panel, the Cruzr XC seem to be the most comfortable.

I would recommend the Transformer if you consider 2 panels.

But some questions to answer that might get you more detail response would be:

Do you think you're more a sitter or leaner?

Ring of steps or platform?

I would say likely sitter and platform. Just getting into the game!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the Phantom and XC. Im built similiar to you but a whole lot older and I can definately sit longer in the XC. Nothing beats trying them.

Come to the light, the JX3 tree saddle light..............
Don't be afraid, you will sit from dark to dark very comfortably, be able to snooze when you want, no dreaded hip pinch, no back aches, you can shoot 360° around the tree with any weapon, bow or gun.
No platform required, only a ROS, no sore feet, no knee pads required, no sore knees, no tired legs from leaning as you can sit all day, built in pack frame for carrying all your needs. No getting into “saddle shape” as your Lazy Boy at home does it for you. Buy once, cry once.
Come to the light, the JX3 light...........

I have a JX3 also, for the 4-5 hrs I sit I now prefer the XC paired with the Roost as a platform.

I suggest looking at the member map and trying to contact a few people. Try out as many as you can. Also one of the saddle events if they are close enough.
For info, I have a Phantom, Transformer and TX5. I find all three comfortable but the Transformer gets first pick from me. I’m 5’8” 160.

Youtubehas several videos that compare saddles.
I had a Tethrd but sold it and got the CRUZR XC. This is my second season hunting with it. My wider hips did not like the Tethrd.

Good luck

Come to the light, the JX3 tree saddle light..............
Don't be afraid, you will sit from dark to dark very comfortably, be able to snooze when you want, no dreaded hip pinch, no back aches, you can shoot 360° around the tree with any weapon, bow or gun.
No platform required, only a ROS, no sore feet, no knee pads required, no sore knees, no tired legs from leaning as you can sit all day, built in pack frame for carrying all your needs. No getting into “saddle shape” as your Lazy Boy at home does it for you. Buy once, cry once.
Come to the light, the JX3 light...........
After watching a few videos of this saddle system, I believe it’ll be my next saddle. I am enjoying the Hawk tremendously and haven’t even used the back strap the last 10 or so times I’ve sat…… I think it’s cause I’m leaning more than sitting. I do loosen the leg straps and have to lower it a little now and then but it’s been great!
My recommendation is to watch a video on this saddle and see what all it has to offer…..it’s a lot!

Good luck with this debate. Your sure to get a lot of different opinions. I’ve tried several of the saddles mentioned. My favorite so far has been the Cruzr Archon. Im sure there are several that will fit you and be comfortable. Hope you find the right one!

After watching a few videos of this saddle system, I believe it’ll be my next saddle. I am enjoying the Hawk tremendously and haven’t even used the back strap the last 10 or so times I’ve sat…… I think it’s cause I’m leaning more than sitting. I do loosen the leg straps and have to lower it a little now and then but it’s been great!
My recommendation is to watch a video on this saddle and see what all it has to offer…..it’s a lot!

To me, the JX3 is to much for 90% of my hunts. I hunt with a saddle because I walk long distances through the thick woods and carrying a JX3 Hybrid would negate the whole reason I moved to saddle hunting. It is to big and cumbersome for the 3-4 hour sits I do. I bring 1 stick, rope, saddle and ring of steps. For me, this is perfect for most sits. If I was going to sit 4+ hours, then the JX3 makes sense.

Latitude...check them out as well! I like the 2 panel Method. Quality product . Good luck!!

personally, if I was gonna go JX3, I'd just tote in a light climbing stand and not have to mess with sticks....JMO

There are a lot of good saddles out there, but you ought to check out the Tactisaddle. At first glance it might look uncomfortable, but it definitely is comfortable. I've done a lot of all day sits (actually leans) with no issues.

Back