• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Which small saw?

Arrowsquirrel

SH Member
I'm looking to buy a small folding saw to carry while hunting. Wouldn't be carrying it every hunt, just for certain situations. Been looking at Outdoor Edge flip and zip https://a.co/d/6xQqhfg I would probably be up for something a bit bigger if it was a good option.

What recommendations do you guys have, or feedback on the flip and zip?

I use a bahco, but I’ve never used a silky to compare and give an honest comparison.

I'm looking to buy a small folding saw to carry while hunting. Wouldn't be carrying it every hunt, just for certain situations. Been looking at Outdoor Edge flip and zip https://a.co/d/6xQqhfg I would probably be up for something a bit bigger if it was a good option.

What recommendations do you guys have, or feedback on the flip and zip?

for bone, wood branches, or both?

Gerber sliding saw

Very lightweight and compact. The saw slides in and out of the handle.

02c060f63de6220356bf76d2a5fb0790.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If only cutting branches and you worry about weight, the lightest I'm aware of is the Darlac pocket saw (like 2 ounces). I've used one for several years. The handle is plastic, so you have to let the saw do the work. The lightest saw I've seen that I consider really tough is the Opinel wood saw. It's 3.5 ounces and I'd trust it in a survival situation.

descriptions says it is 5 ounces....no idea why they would lie to make their product look heavier

and here's my favorite

i bought an extra....hard to find a USA site for it....i think i got both mine off ebay

spyderco should make an FRN handle knife with full wood saw teeth instead of the spydie teeth....i'd buy 2.....they have several different length platforms to choose from already

The local grape farmers here use Felco pruners and saws and this Felco 600 works
Tremendously. It also has a push button thumb release to fold and lock it open. My old (but heavy) Service Star pruners are from the 1980’s still going strong. IMG_5182.jpeg

I also carry this saw in my quiver when going into new spots it also works to reach out and pull a branch to you to tie it out of the way if you can’t cut. Mostly but not always, this is what I take with me… 4 Broadheads and this saw in my five arrow quiver.IMG_1923.jpeg

Back