• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Whitetail Cribs

I started watching these video's and then gave up on them. Most of the hunters in them live in prime big buck areas and seem to have more money than most hunters (with a few exceptions) as they are able to hunt private farms or leases that most of us could never hope to gain access to. I don't know about most of you guys but nobody I have ever hunted with has ever passed up a 150" buck to "let him grow." Must be nice.

I started watching these video's and then gave up on them. Most of the hunters in them live in prime big buck areas and seem to have more money than most hunters (with a few exceptions) as they are able to hunt private farms or leases that most of us could never hope to gain access to. I don't know about most of you guys but nobody I have ever hunted with has ever passed up a 150" buck to "let him grow." Must be nice.
I agree with what you said, but that lease thing is just not for me. I'm glad too because I'm into enough other sports/ hobbies that take my $$$.. I just like hunting the bucks I have in and around my area. You guys get it. Sh!t I have 2 bucks on my wall 5+yrs old, that dressed over 180LBS and didn't score over 130s :laughing:

Understandable and I totally agree in most cases but I posted this example because it’s a group of guys who for the most part do it like the rest of us with DIY hunts and on public land or private by permission. No high dollar leases or guided hunts. I watched the John Eberhart one and thought it was excellent.

Last edited:
Understandable and I totally agree in most cases but I posted this example because it’s a group of guys who for the most part do it like the rest of us with DIY hunts and on public land or private by permission. No high dollar leases or guided hunts. I watched the John Eberhart one and thought it was excellent.

Agreed...Eberhart, Infalt, and Andre D' Acquisto are just a few that consistently get it done time and time again. When they talk, I listen. When they teach something I'm already doing, I feel like a million bucks. I have learned a lot from those guys.

Agreed...Eberhart, Infalt, and Andre D' Acquisto are just a few that consistently get it done time and time again. When they talk, I listen. When they teach something I'm already doing, I feel like a million bucks. I have learned a lot from those guys.
I agree. All three are great hunters. It’s unfortunate so many have to constantly pit them all against each other instead of actually listening to what they have to say and instead apply themselves to learning something from them.

Last edited:
My neighbor met a man that owned 80 acres right next to one of Drury’s prime farms in Iowa, we drew gun tags first try, I was tagged out in 15 minutes on a 120” 8, moral of this story don’t turn an ADK mountain hunter loose next to a Drury farm!!!! LOL

I agree. All three are great hunters. It’s unfortunate so many have to constantly pit them all against each other instead of actually listening to what they have to say and instead apply themselves to learning something from them.
Yup...those guys share a lot more knowledge/strategies than people think.

The most common thing is scouting and understanding how mature deer stack odds to there favor...THP, ect. Ect. Ect. All are product from these people even the Sturgis, and Dury use same tactics but in control environment

You mean to tell me that a hunter,any hunter, puts an arrow through a deer, it runs off and he doesn't even get down to track it to try and recover it. Poor judgement in my opinion. Fyi I am a John Eberhart/scentlok fan but this just ain't right.

You mean to tell me that a hunter,any hunter, puts an arrow through a deer, it runs off and he doesn't even get down to track it to try and recover it. Poor judgement in my opinion. Fyi I am a John Eberhart/scentlok fan but this just ain't right.
Never heard that story. Do you have a link or did I miss that on his Cribs episode?

Got it. I’ll have to review that.
Didn’t seem like a big ethical problem to me, but maybe I missed something. Not crazy to finish out a hunt after a marginal hit. Wasn’t like he said he never would’ve checked; just that he didn’t get down immediately (which is, IMHO, advisable after a bad hit)…

Didn’t seem like a big ethical problem to me, but maybe I missed something. Not crazy to finish out a hunt after a marginal hit. Wasn’t like he said he never would’ve checked; just that he didn’t get down immediately (which is, IMHO, advisable after a bad hit)…
Just watched it again and I totally agree. Nothing wrong with sitting tight to give the buck time on a marginal hit.
Now if he shot the buck later not knowing it was the same one he shot earlier and was only carrying one tag then absolutely not ethical. Obviously he knew it was the same buck before shooting so no harm and a great ending to a bad situation.

Yeah I've watched some of these I think for the most part they are pretty good. You can glean some good info but I do look forward to the Infalt and Rentmeester episodes for sure. Sherk's stuff is super good. I'd like to see more mountain buck cribs too. NW PW, WNY, good bucks but high pressure too.

Yeah I've watched some of these I think for the most part they are pretty good. You can glean some good info but I do look forward to the Infalt and Rentmeester episodes for sure. Sherk's stuff is super good. I'd like to see more mountain buck cribs too. NW PW, WNY, good bucks but high pressure too.

There's one of a guy who hunts Chautauqua, NY public, and another of a guy who hunts Erie, PA private. Small parcel stuff.

They also did the guys who made the Pursuing the Allegheny vid.

I had takeaways from them. They're better than many that feature higher scoring bucks.

I enjoy interviews with deer trackers, not sure they've done that or would know where to start. That could make for an awesome interview. It's easy when you interview like minded persons to glance over important info or to do too much narrating. I'd like too see the Exodus guys exploring something new to them.

There's one of a guy who hunts Chautauqua, NY public, and another of a guy who hunts Erie, PA private. Small parcel stuff.

They also did the guys who made the Pursuing the Allegheny vid.

I had takeaways from them. They're better than many that feature higher scoring bucks.

I enjoy interviews with deer trackers, not sure they've done that or would know where to start. That could make for an awesome interview. It's easyU when you interview like minded persons to glance over important info or to do too much narrating. I'd like too see the Exodus guys exploring something new to them.
Uh, I hunt Chautauqua NY Public. What episode was that? I think I saw the episode with the Erie PA guy who works for the Erie Times Newspaper.

Back