• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Who else has gotten Spun up?

Looking to see who else has gotten the call. It's been a tough few weeks with who knows how many more to go. Just glad I got my ground blind and a few pot calls to play with today thanks to Christman. It's been three weeks since I was able to draw my bow. Glad I took the time to set up the blind and take some shots at the turkey target. Wish me luck lol. Going from logistics and maintaining testing sites to tickling the tonsils from the nose and testing others tomorrow and onwards.

Good luck, stay safe. My hospital is preparing for the worst. Worked in medicine for 30 years and have not seen this

Yeah it's hard to see the main picture when your so close and a numbers guy. I just hope to get opening spring turkey off and get a tom for the hassle. I also hope I can get back to real work to be better off financially. But I'm sure that's most of us.
6f526dbd76b20038172df60b2125d402.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Uh....dont the kids in the play house usually scare away the turkeys?
Atm no. That's a target in the yard but we have 33 turkeys that stroll through twice a day......... sadly I cant take them from the yard though dont have enough space between houses for 250 feet of clearances

My first archery turkey was from a blind, the first time I went and tried it. Thought to myself, "Wow, that was easy".That's when I noticed I say stupid things to myself all the time. Like "that dont look hard, what could possibly go wrong", unfortunately it's usually shortly before I learn the hard way what can go wrong.

@truebloodmorelia I hope those pot calls work for you. What are you using for a bow stand?
Yeah I have played with them during my down time in between testing people and our fellow soldiers. That aluminum one what's the best way to prep that one?

As for my bow stand it's a bow feet I think they are called. Bought it from ****s during their getting out of hunting sale. Bought it for 5 bucks. Works well in the yard as well as in the indoor ranges.
3913273fb99b8763293de46457f36a89.jpg

Yeah it's hard to see the main picture when your so close and a numbers guy. I just hope to get opening spring turkey off and get a tom for the hassle. I also hope I can get back to real work to be better off financially. But I'm sure that's most of us.
6f526dbd76b20038172df60b2125d402.jpg

Your neighbors must think you're that crazy guy in the neighborhood. I hope that's your house in the background. You should wear face paint and talk to the turkey as people drive by. LOL, that would be hilarious.

Yeah I have played with them during my down time in between testing people and our fellow soldiers. That aluminum one what's the best way to prep that one?

As for my bow stand it's a bow feet I think they are called. Bought it from ****s during their getting out of hunting sale. Bought it for 5 bucks. Works well in the yard as well as in the indoor ranges.
3913273fb99b8763293de46457f36a89.jpg

I've read that 120grit sandpaper works for the aluminum pot calls. I didn't use that one enough to need to prep it. I'll have to look into that prop.

Your neighbors must think you're that crazy guy in the neighborhood. I hope that's your house in the background. You should wear face paint and talk to the turkey as people drive by. LOL, that would be hilarious.
Actually they want me to make a few turkeys coyote and deer disappear hahahahaha.

Atm no. That's a target in the yard but we have 33 turkeys that stroll through twice a day......... sadly I cant take them from the yard though dont have enough space between houses for 250 feet of clearances

You could get permission from adjacent property owners. I know in New York you can't discharge a bow within 150ft. of another dwelling unless you own it or have permission. 250ft. for a xbow.

Kinda sucks, my wife is in my oldest daughters old bedroom until this thing subsides. She wears a mask around the house and only sits on hard surfaced chairs and sprays them down after she's been there. I can't get in to the other reasons why this really blows but I'm sure many of you understand. So far, I'm just glad we live in Western New York and are plenty miles away from the city but we had the first death in our county yesterday. Pray fellas, pray for them all.

Kinda sucks, my wife is in my oldest daughters old bedroom until this thing subsides. She wears a mask around the house and only sits on hard surfaced chairs and sprays them down after she's been there. I can't get in to the other reasons why this really blows but I'm sure many of you understand. So far, I'm just glad we live in Western New York and are plenty miles away from the city but we had the first death in our county yesterday. Pray fellas, pray for them all.
Yeah I know what you mean. I see it in the faces of all I have swabbed and their significant other sitting beside them.

Testing sucks for both the testers and the administrators.

I will have to check in on if the getting the neighbors to sign off on the shooting of said turkey and deer lol. If it works and is a go then I will definitely be culling a few from that flock to help maintain a better number of birds

Back