• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Who else using Novix equipment?

PancreasBroke

After researching a new hang-on and stick setup, I was considering Beast stuff or Novix. I think I’m going with Novix for price.

Looking to get the smaller hang on (echo i think) and their mini sticks with the dual steps. Looks like i have to get their stick quiver separate but plan on that.

Anyone else using similar setup? What do you like or dislike?

After researching a new hang-on and stick setup, I was considering Beast stuff or Novix. I think I’m going with Novix for price.

Looking to get the smaller hang on (echo i think) and their mini sticks with the dual steps. Looks like i have to get their stick quiver separate but plan on that.

Anyone else using similar setup? What do you like or dislike?

FYI, I believe the Trophyline sticks are the same as Novix, so as you shop around maybe you'll find a better deal on one over the other.

As well, the Helo is the smaller stand I believe.

I’m using their mini sticks. They’re basically rebranded Lone Wolf. No complaints from me. Can’t speak for their stand but I haven’t heard anything negative. Except the recent price increase on everything.

I’ve got the mini double sticks and the full length double sticks and have zero complaints. Had an Echo stand and it was a nice setup, hung in the tree great, but the platform was just too narrow for my liking.

I would never lower myself to a (briefly throws up in mouth) lock on stand... but this seems like a budget decision more than anything else. I dont think you will find anyone who doesn't feel the beast stand is at least slightly superior to novix, but both will get the job done for you. The question is, do you want to pay 50% more for that final 10% improvement in performance, weight, etc

I would never lower myself to a (briefly throws up in mouth) lock on stand... but this seems like a budget decision more than anything else. I dont think you will find anyone who doesn't feel the beast stand is at least slightly superior to novix, but both will get the job done for you. The question is, do you want to pay 50% more for that final 10% improvement in performance, weight, etc

I think the Novix has some areas it is actually superior to the Beast stand.

1. Quieter
2. No boot catching hole in platform
3. Traction
4. Doesn't bend/bow
5. Rigid at the front of platform
6. Stiffer post
7. Does it have more leveling adjustment angle?

Then the Beast wins in

1. Better dimensions
2. Lighter
3. No stupidly oversized seat
4. Stronger platform material properties
5. Seemingly nicer finish (although I have seen some criticisms of it...haven't seen one in person)

I would pass on the stick quiver, I had the Lone Wolf Assault hunt ready package that came with that same stick quiver thing, I hated it, in theory I thought it would be money, but that wasn’t the case, I’m not even sure double step sticks will work with that stick quiver, maybe, I’m not sure on that, I had single step sticks when I had that stand.

Lol says the guy with back pain… did that start before or after the saddle ;). I saddled a year ago for three years. I like the hang-on because i can flip the seat and be saddle hunting, or sit normal like a normal person. The saddle platforms were over priced junk IMO.

yes on budget however Id pay the extra for a beast stand and sticks if they were mych superior, but the Novix seems like the better overall deal. I like both are made in US and I like Novix’s 30-day guarantee.

with that said, love and respect the beast but not enough to skip a family vacation lol

I use Novix singles. If I was using sticks on every hunt I would have kept my Beast sticks but I dont use sticks often enough to have $400 sticks sitting in my truck most days

I would pass on the stick quiver, I had the Lone Wolf Assault hunt ready package that came with that same stick quiver thing, I hated it, in theory I thought it would be money, but that wasn’t the case, I’m not even sure double step sticks will work with that stick quiver, maybe, I’m not sure on that, I had single step sticks when I had that stand.
Good to know thanks for sharing

I have the single step minis, they work well. I side stack them in two pairs laying on either side of the post on my stand or platform.

I have no regrets buying the beast stand. I run it with two full length lwcg sticks, both of those have cable aiders. Perfect setup for me. The Helo isn’t a bad option either

I have the Helo. Some people rip on it comparing it to the Beast stand. I’m sure the Beast stand is great and have kicked around the idea of investing in one. But honestly the Helo is frikin awesome. It’s too bad they jacked the prices up so high on them, but it’s still a great stand. It has some weight to it but not bad at all and it is completely solid with virtually no flex, which is what I love about it the most. It’s easy to set and solid as a rock against the tree if done right with no need to toe hook in my experience. I would give the Helo a hard look for the price/value.

I used to own the Novix mini sticks and honestly kind of regret selling them. I would buy them again in a heartbeat. But I use the Beast sticks and for me they win. The best part of the Novix sticks to me were the light weight and the small profile/packability when the steps were folded up. I have to say I miss that aspect of them a lot. But still from the comfort of climbing standpoint, the double steps still win for me.

If you decide to go the Novix sticks and stand route, I don’t think you’ll be disappointed. Still an awesome solid system despite the high dollar “premium” options out there these days.

I use the double step minis. I'm of the mindset that with all the new fancy, fangled, over-priced as heck sticks and climbing methods that come along, that the original LW designed climbing stick design will always remain supreme. This is, of course, excluding a silent, electric jet pack ... I'm all ears on that idea.

I have the Helo. Some people rip on it comparing it to the Beast stand. I’m sure the Beast stand is great and have kicked around the idea of investing in one. But honestly the Helo is frikin awesome. It’s too bad they jacked the prices up so high on them, but it’s still a great stand. It has some weight to it but not bad at all and it is completely solid with virtually no flex, which is what I love about it the most. It’s easy to set and solid as a rock against the tree if done right with no need to toe hook in my experience. I would give the Helo a hard look for the price/value.

I used to own the Novix mini sticks and honestly kind of regret selling them. I would buy them again in a heartbeat. But I use the Beast sticks and for me they win. The best part of the Novix sticks to me were the light weight and the small profile/packability when the steps were folded up. I have to say I miss that aspect of them a lot. But still from the comfort of climbing standpoint, the double steps still win for me.

If you decide to go the Novix sticks and stand route, I don’t think you’ll be disappointed. Still an awesome solid system despite the high dollar “premium” options out there these days.

Yeah I wish I’d jumped on the Helo when it could be had for like $208 shipped. They’re kind of wearing the price increase like a badge of honor now with ads saying that American made comes at a cost. I understand that prices on everything have increased and it costs more to make things stateside but the Helo is near $400 with taxes and shipping. If you can get a promo code it makes it more reasonable but I haven’t seen any circulating for awhile.

I regretted not buying a helo after the price went up. Decided to just go ahead and pay more for the beast stand.

Yeah I wish I’d jumped on the Helo when it could be had for like $208 shipped. They’re kind of wearing the price increase like a badge of honor now with ads saying that American made comes at a cost. I understand that prices on everything have increased and it costs more to make things stateside but the Helo is near $400 with taxes and shipping. If you can get a promo code it makes it more reasonable but I haven’t seen any circulating for awhile.
That’s crazy. Didn’t think about it getting up to $400 after shipping etc. Yeah well I guess that’s marketing 101- turn a negative into a positive any way possible.

I just bought Novix double steps. Very well made and made in U.S. I am not sure but I think the company has history common with Lone Wolf. I got the full size as I am 6’2 280. They are rock solid. I have the original Lone Wolf from 10 or so years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the Novix has some areas it is actually superior to the Beast stand.

1. Quieter
2. No boot catching hole in platform
3. Traction
4. Doesn't bend/bow
5. Rigid at the front of platform
6. Stiffer post
7. Does it have more leveling adjustment angle?

Then the Beast wins in

1. Better dimensions
2. Lighter
3. No stupidly oversized seat
4. Stronger platform material properties
5. Seemingly nicer finish (although I have seen some criticisms of it...haven't seen one in person)

I’ve owned/own both. This list is spot on IMO.
Both are great. I ended up selling my Helo in favor of the beast after I fell off the Helo twice. (100% my fault) I think the Helo seat was just too big for my preference, but it’s great stand.

Back