• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Who is Allowed to Hunt Deer on Sundays?

bj139

In PA, I think only coyotes and crows may be hunted on Sundays.

Louisiana you can. There’s 3 Sunday’s in PA this year you can hunt Bill. I think one in archery, one in rifle and one for bear maybe.

Until recently it was not permitted in CT. Presently, archery deer hunters can hunt on Sundays on private land only. This was a regulation change passed a few years ago as a compromise after pro-hunting people lobbied for decades to permit Sunday hunting. Despite the limitation to (1) archery only; (2) deer only; and (3) private land only, CT hunters still view it as a victory. We hope that in time, we can get the restrictions on Sunday hunting relaxed further.

Last edited:
New York you can hunt on Sundays all season. I believe there is restrictions on days you can hunt crows though...... weird.

In NJ you can hunt Sundays on WMA's and private land only. No Sunday hunting in state forests, parks, or federal land.

Bama can hunt on Sundays just has to be at least 1/2 mile from a church.

Edit: this may only apply to certain wmas though, i know I've read it on certain wma rules.

Back