• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Who uses suspenders??

I bought suspenders because my saddle was sagging during the walk in with gear bags attached. I tried using the suspenders but didn't like the extra fiddle factor. So I started pulling my linesman's belt over my shoulders and hooking the carabiner into a molle loop on the side. Now I frequently hike/scout for multiple miles without any readjustments. Glad to hear suspenders work for so many of you, they just weren't for me.

I wish I was a headlight on a north-bound train

No fiddle factor for me, they are attached on all for straps and I just put the saddle on that way. Super easy and like you I hated the day. I hang my sticks and platform from my saddle on the way up and hated it pulled the saddle down all the time.

I just use one of the flat 1" long bungee cords with hooks on them and attach one to a molle loop on the back left side of my saddle and then the other end to a right front molle loop and then put it over my shoulder. When I get to hunting height I can take it off my shoulder.

I do. I use CGM's. Really helpful for long walk ins. I bought the integrated back band but always just put it on at height since I usually throw a jacket over top the suspenders. Might leave it integrated in early season next year.

I did the bridge synch, the lineman’s belt over the head/neck, the carrying of the saddle over my shoulder but the suspenders are the ticket for me. Really helps when climbing and I have sticks/platform attached to the saddle accessory clips.

I am a suspender guy when it comes to my saddle. I used the GHoat this year, pretty cool idea. I really got used to suspenders since the old school TL had them. Nothing worse than walking 100 yards and having to pull up your saddle.

I use suspenders on my pants and with a bino Harness on also the suspenders on the saddle just felt like I had too much going on ..so now on my walk in I just put my lineman’s over my neck and clip it to the opposite side lineman’s loop..works great

I use suspenders on my pants and with a bino Harness on also the suspenders on the saddle just felt like I had too much going on ..so now on my walk in I just put my lineman’s over my neck and clip it to the opposite side lineman’s loop..works great
I’ve been doing that and it sure helps. Makes me want to check out some real suspenders though.

I use suspenders as well. I use sticks and when I hang my platform and sticks as I climb, suspenders are a must. I bought the Sitka suspenders. Hold the saddle up, but loose enough to not make the saddle ride up.

My daughter bought me a pair of ****ies Heavy Duty Suspenders for Xmas and I added them to my Cruzr saddle. Best thing I ever did, makes it easy to buckle and cinch up as well as keeps it positioned!! Really liking it!!
could you send me a link to the ones you got i also have a cruzr xc. need suspenders bad
I am all belly and no backside lmao

Absolutely. I have a pair of Duluth suspenders that live full time on my diy saddle. Makes the walk in so much easier.

Reactions: CP3
Back