• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Why did I wait so long.

Treedwarf77

I been eyeing a saddle for about 4 years and kept putting off thinking I’ll stick to my lock on tree stands. In 2020, I had a back injury at work and couldn’t pull my bow back, due to not being able to stand up straight and in pain every step I took. After a spinal fusion and some p.t I finally was able to start shooting this past February I practiced every day to get back how I was before. During the summer i practiced climbing ladders for 3-5 hours a day then pulled out the old lock on with a set of sticks. The climbing wasn’t bad it was the sitting that killed me I still can’t sit longer than 15 minutes without acting up. So for opening weekend I bit the bullet and sat in a pop up I use for turkey hunting so I can stand. My cousin has a saddle and tried it out and that was it from there. I ordered one that night and a week latter I was in the yard hanging out and finding my fit. My favorite thing has always been sitting in the woods all day and now I can with no issues at all. Just can’t believe I been putting this off as long as I did.

Welcome to the addiction. Saddle hunting or saddle using is like turkey hunting it has been addictive. I've been using for 4 years now, own two saddles---Latitude Method and a JX3. Love both of them, started rappelling and using a moveable aider with the Method this year. Own 3 sets of sticks also. Been learning how to tie some useful knots which is interesting and fun. And I'm 64 years young so it's never too late to fall down the rabbit hole. Have fun and good luck.

Thank you for that. I’ve been looking into aiders and steps to attach to a set of sticks to get a little higher but this year I’m definitely enjoying it before I try some new climbing methods

I’m the same. No real injuries to my back but a stand just hurts. The saddle is more comfortable to me but I do keep an old assault just in case.

I have “no butt disorder” and sitting on a lock on stand was always super uncomfortable. My butt just hurt so bad sitting on it for that long, I always had to alternate between standing and sitting every 10 min or so. Well the saddle cured that for me, much more comfortable indeed! Glad to hear you are back in the tree!

Been a climbing stand guy for a long time. I still love my API Bowhunter...SUPER comfortable, and always catch a few Z's in the tree.

Bought some sticks and a LW hang on...works well, but sucks for long sits and I even bought a thicker cushion...nope.

Just got my TX5 Rayder...haven't used it yet, but tested in basement on pole...feels good. Can't wait to get out and get to testing.

Back