• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Wiggy's any users?

@ricky racer maybe? I think he has some wiggies gear and talks highly of it if I’m remembering correctly

my mom found a set of the netting long Johns at a yard sale for next to nothing years ago and I tried it on and it was the weirdest most uncomfortable thing I had ever worn. That design looks like the netting is only only from the knees down though so maybe not as bad?

I have the lamilite socks and jacket liner from wiggys. Both work great. I did buy the “fishnet” long John’s from Brynje and not wiggys.

Do they work good?

brynje’s fishnets. I only wore them once and they seemed to work to keep the next layer of clothes off my skin. I really didn’t wear them enough to definitively say. That said, they are stretchy, so they have that going for them.

and wiggys, everything I tried, i liked. I’d love to get some of his lamilite by the yard to make some bibs.

@ricky racer maybe? I think he has some wiggies gear and talks highly of it if I’m remembering correctly

my mom found a set of the netting long Johns at a yard sale for next to nothing years ago and I tried it on and it was the weirdest most uncomfortable thing I had ever worn. That design looks like the netting is only only from the knees down though so maybe not as bad?

You tried on your moms fishnets huh

Yep, there's nothing sexier than a hairy man in fishnets...:rolleyes: My story. Decades ago when I was in my late teens or early twenties, one of my hunting buddies gave me his fishnet underwear. He tried them and didn't see any real benefit from them. I tried them and found that wearing the fishnets seemed to add about 10 degrees to whatever clothes I happened to wear for any particular hunt providing everything else was the same, weather wise. Over the decades the fishnets must of shrunk because they don't fit me anymore. I went without using fishnets for years but when I saw Wiggy's had them for sale, I purchased a top. I never tried the lowers since I never have problems keeping my legs warm. Today, I wear the fishnets on nearly every hunt.

The Wiggy's fishnets are not a comfortable as the older ones I'd worn in the past. They are made from a nylon material that is not nice and soft and stretchy like the old ones of mine were. Possibly the ones from Brynje would be more comfortable and I also see some advertised on Amazon that are real cheap so for someone wanting to experiment, Amazon might be a resource.

Wiggy has created a video extoling the use of fishnet base layers, for those interested...

https://www.wiggys.com/wiggys-videos

The Wiggy's Jacket Liner and Vest Liners are, in my opinion the best value in my hunting wardrobe. They are light weight, pack down small and offer an amazing amount of insulation as a mid layer.

Been a Wiggy's user for many years, all his stuff is top notch and works as advertised.
I have 2 of his sleeping bags, 1 is approx. 20 yrs. old, still performing as if new.
Jacket and vest liners are very warm and not expensive.
The insulating material, Lamilite, has unique properties that all the other insulation does not have.
I also, early on tried his fish nets and did not find the comfort that I wanted, but believed in the principal.
I ended up with Norwegian surplus Merino wool fishnets and could not be happier.
Go to his web site and read the archives, you will get a very good education on the principals of staying warm and dry.
If you call Wiggy's, there is a good chance he will answer the phone.

Been a Wiggy's user for many years, all his stuff is top notch and works as advertised.
I have 2 of his sleeping bags, 1 is approx. 20 yrs. old, still performing as if new.
Jacket and vest liners are very warm and not expensive.
The insulating material, Lamilite, has unique properties that all the other insulation does not have.
I also, early on tried his fish nets and did not find the comfort that I wanted, but believed in the principal.
I ended up with Norwegian surplus Merino wool fishnets and could not be happier.
Go to his web site and read the archives, you will get a very good education on the principals of staying warm and dry.
If you call Wiggy's, there is a good chance he will answer the phone.
I did and he is not friendly at all.

Grumpy and opinionated would be an understatement...........
But like Ricky Racer said "he does know his stuff".
His archives are a wealth of knowledge, I have learned a tremendous amount regarding warmth and dryness of the human body.

Well, I finally tried this stuff on getting ready for deer season. It is a no go for sure. Its way to rough for the skin. fit is to snug and there is no stretch in it.

Well, I finally tried this stuff on getting ready for deer season. It is a no go for sure. Its way to rough for the skin. fit is to snug and there is no stretch in it.
That sucks. Yea I remember no stretch. I’m surprised you still bought it. What made you go that route?

@bowhunthard88 is really knowledgeable on fishnets, his favorite is the Brynje Wool Thermo Mesh. Said Aclima were ok too.

I bought a set of Wiggy's base layers and promptly returned it. Very uncomfortable and difficult to get into the top, and I couldn't even get my foot through the ankle hole lol! Eberlestock feels good and works well, just personally don't have a lot of love for them. I do love Byrnje and wear it almost every hunt, both the wool thermo and/or super thermo. Aclima also makes a great wool net base layer.

I find that it definitely increases warmth, especially when paired with a light "mid/base-layer over the top, and absolutely helps manage moisture better than almost anything else that I've tried...

Grumpy and opinionated would be an understatement...........
But like Ricky Racer said "he does know his stuff".
His archives are a wealth of knowledge, I have learned a tremendous amount regarding warmth and dryness of the human body.

He was definitely a bit of a jerk when I requested a return of his “DG16”, which it wasn’t, nor was he aware that Crossfire has a US sales division, when he basically told me enjoy my shipping fees from Australia to get the real McCoy. Lol.

Despite his rant, his return process was super professional. And to begin with the thing came packaged better than any other hunting gear I’ve received (except a rifle from Austria). I‘ll put up with a tantrum for those sort of actual business practices. I’d shop there again, despite my thoughts on his demeanor.

Lamilite interests me, but I’m already kitted out for colder weather. I think it’d be a good option for extending a lightly insulated shell like the Sitka Stratus into colder conditions. But I’m just switching to warmer outers, so I just don’t need it. I’d love to have a head to head field comparison of Lamilite to the Primalofts.

The Wiggy’s items that perplex me are the mukluks and over boots. Reviews are across the board about warmth. Hard to tell if those are hit or miss.

Back