• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Wiggys fishnet long underwear

Boomah21

SH Member
Just wanted to share my thoughts on these pieces.

first off you need to get past the fact you look like youre turning tricks in woods
F8C45500-415F-4C75-8DBE-754257D45E54.jpeg

How I felt

honestly though these are amazing if you’re someone that sweats a lot while walking in or climbing up I can’t recommend this enough. I do feel I should of sized up in the shirt, the pants were great.

I neve once had wet base layers/clothes while wearing this. It makes it so the sweat doesn’t touch your other layers of clothes so they never get wet, the mesh allows air/moisture to escape.

the nylon material does take a little to get use to however is minor.

Just wanted to share my thoughts on these pieces.

first off you need to get past the fact you look like youre turning tricks in woods
View attachment 22024

How I felt

honestly though these are amazing if you’re someone that sweats a lot while walking in or climbing up I can’t recommend this enough. I do feel I should of sized up in the shirt, the pants were great.

I neve once had wet base layers/clothes while wearing this. It makes it so the sweat doesn’t touch your other layers of clothes so they never get wet, the mesh allows air/moisture to escape.

the nylon material does take a little to get use to however is minor.
6B9E3751-6588-4DB6-9527-00C509B50A91.jpeg
Not sure I’d wear those in hunting camp even if they cured cancer...

Ricky racer has led me to wiggy glory.

I have yet to order the fishnet underwear, but may do.

I have them and routinely get made fun of in camp. Huge believer in everything he has. If you want to get your feet wet with his stuff, but the lamilite socks. Your feet will not be cold. At camp, I haven’t been able to convince them to do the fishnets yet but everyone has the socks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL That’s exactly what a fat boy like me needs.I want even have to carry my bow The deer would die of laughter.I would look like a can of busted biscuits in that damn thing.
The picture in the original post is not Wiggy's fishnets. LOL!! However it's my experience that they run small. Call first to verify what size you should order. I wear the tops and have not experience with the bottoms. Fishnets, the jacket liner and vest liner are the best kept secrets at Wiggy's in my opinion.

fishnetlong__60279.1417998167.1280.1280.jpg

Last edited:
I've looked at wiggys stuff in the past, including the fishnets. For the fishnets to work effectively you're a second layer has to be loose fitting, correct?

I've looked at wiggys stuff in the past, including the fishnets. For the fishnets to work effectively you're a second layer has to be loose fitting, correct?

no I use merino wools that are tight directly over the fishnets

The loopo lite would compliment those nicely as a backup harness.
fc7cfb2994a90dab8156d3d9207d4693.jpg

Sent from up in a tree

I have worn wiggy gear for over the last 12 years and swear by the stuff! The fishnet base layers work really great in cold weather as the small air pockets trapped in the mesh acts as an insulating layer. Yes, when you are hoofing through the woods the mesh does keep the sweat to a minimum but I also use Kuiu gear over the fishnet. Kuiu gear works great to wick away sweat. Wiggy's fishnet, Kuiu insulated Snap button shirt and zipper Peloton 240 mid layer for temperatures down to 25 degrees with winds less than 5 MPH. Anything colder or winder I need an outer layer. I also use the Wiggys socks which keeps my sweaty feet dry, in turn keeping my toes warm. if it gets really cold I pack my Wiggy's Mukluks which is and overboot and it works really well for those late-season all-day sits.

I'm normally an Extra large in most shirts and the XL fishnets are really tight and 12 years ago I was a touch thinner. If you wear this all day you may experience sore nipples as the cross fabric lands right centered over the nipple. I ironed small patch's over that section and the problem has never bothered me again. My wife gets her laughs when she sees me in them, but sea la vie. Having 4.5 lbs of clothes on in 25-degree weather is a great solution for weight management.

From tree stand to heavy unmodified climbing sticks with canvas backpack full of stuff I don't use. To a new streamlined Saddle hunting setup with double Amsteel bridge, 4 beast sticks with Amsteel rope mods and custom threaded rod to keep them fastened together, A predator platform, lightweight backpack trimmed down with only the essentials, I'm down to 27 lbs from about 50lbs.

Happy hunting everyone, be safe!

M~D

Cool! I didn't know about these. I sweat like a mofo doing anything and have had to leave after hunting for a couple hours from getting cold. Seems to work on the same principal as deer hair which is hollow trapping warm air and releasing moisture.

The picture in the original post is not Wiggy's fishnets. LOL!! However it's my experience that they run small. Call first to verify what size you should order. I wear the tops and have not experience with the bottoms. Fishnets, the jacket liner and vest liner are the best kept secrets at Wiggy's in my opinion.

fishnetlong__60279.1417998167.1280.1280.jpg

holy thread resurrection Batman!

Question,the bottoms, the black area, is that fishnet like the gray area below the knees, if not, what is it? and if you can take a pic and share, that would be great.

I am at the cusp of purchasing them, but I would think I need more sweat management in the knees to waist area.

They would go well with my lamilite socks and liner jacket.

I’m not sure the material off the top of my head but it is not the netting. I feel the bottom leg part prob plays a big part for those that use rubber boots (I don’t so just guessing) for me personally wearing just normal hiking boots I would purchase just the shirt if possible
If you wear rubber boots might be a good idea for the pants as well

Back