• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Wild Edge Steppladders

JohnnyB38

Got my set of 8 with the 6' lines in on Wednesday, gave them a two day break in on a nice oak in the back yard. Really impressed with their speed of service (4 days from the date of ordering). Anybody have any hacks or tips? I've watched more YouTube videos than my wife would care to recall. looking for technical or mods that anyone has done.

I agree they seem to have figured out how to better mass produce and getting gear out way quicker. Hopefully aero hunter can get their Yaraks going again soon!

Hockey tape them up. I did this over thanksgiving and it has quieted them down a lot and I also use a knaider and swaider so it helped my carabiner stay put on the rung and not slide. I also ordered a kydex holster to carry them. I didn’t mind the bag but sometimes seemed a little tight to zip back up. I just got my perch in and played around the house but not hunted on it yet. I think it’s going to make it so much better. I was using 1-2 steps as my platform before.

Good luck!

Throw the bag away and DIY a larger one so you don't have to struggle w/it. Don't put vet wrap where the knot goes. I did and its tough to get the loop off.

Practice. And then when you think you have it down pat, practice again. They aren’t hard, but beat the distance between steps and knot in your head. Also, the rope cannot be banjo tight around the tree when setting up it needs to be snug but there’s a range of “correctness” to the rope tension on the tree, without figuring that out they can be frustrating. CamoForm tape silenced mine right up, and Ihold450 makes an awesome Kydex holster for a set of five, but I think it will hold 6 or 7. Knaider, I don’t have the coordination for a swaider combo though (maybe someday).

Agreed with @Sgt. Beardface Practice a ton. The first couple times I tried I was on the web looking for some hawk sticks. Now that I have it down I’m hooked.

Here is my @lhold450 kydex holster. I added stealth strips to it for added quiet factor.

I believe it will hold 7. I ended up cutting the tongue down for tighter fit with my 5 steps because I will never use more than that.

78713d3aff34fe4641821e472d60b325.jpg
25f5679ebfb4c035bd75c85fc944018b.jpg

Back