• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Wild Edge Stepps Left on Tree

hauscaliber

Anyone ever leave these on a tree for a week or two? If so, did they loosen up or start to rust?

Its recommended to leave them on a day or so to take the stretch out of the ropes. Drew put a video up on IG at one point when he was changing a stand out that had stepps on the tree for like 5 years or something like that. No squirrel damage to ropes and the stepps looked new. I think a week is no big deal haha

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Watching this one. I was starting to think that if I can get away with using two as a platform most of the time, then I have a fairly inexpensive permanent platform for my trees. It will even be cheaper than my aluminum brackets with a ratchet strap. A set of ten for 150 bucks equals five trees at 30 bucks a tree. I could live with that.

Watching this one. I was starting to think that if I can get away with using two as a platform most of the time, then I have a fairly inexpensive permanent platform for my trees. It will even be cheaper than my aluminum brackets with a ratchet strap. A set of ten for 150 bucks equals five trees at 30 bucks a tree. I could live with that.
I'm thinking of picking up another set of stepps for this exact reason, I have several spots back home that I can hunt and then bring my other stepps with me to climb. Love the swaider and knaider idea you came up with, looks very efficient. If you don't mind could you shoot me a PM?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I have left a set if homemade ones on a tree for 2-3 months the last 2 years and they are just fine. You should not have any issues.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I left my wild edge stepps on a tree from the beginning of september until the end of march. They were fine. No rust or animal damage. The only thing is that the ropes have a kink in them from where the knot was. Not really a big deal.

I left my wild edge stepps on a tree from the beginning of september until the end of march. They were fine. No rust or animal damage. The only thing is that the ropes have a kink in them from where the knot was. Not really a big deal.
Are you using two or more for your platforms? Uggh...... here goes another 150 bucks. Pete

Are you using two or more for your platforms? Uggh...... here goes another 150 bucks. Pete[/Q
Are you using two or more for your platforms? Uggh...... here goes another 150 bucks. Pete

Im using 3 for a platform and then i have a fourth which i use for hanging my bow and backpack (using the wild edge bow hanger and the gear hanger they offer). I like the relatively large surface area they provide as a base. Lots of places and angles for my foot positions. Only downside is they can take a while to set up for mobile hunting. Just takes practice.

Im using 3 for a platform and then i have a fourth which i use for hanging my bow and backpack (using the wild edge bow hanger and the gear hanger they offer). I like the relatively large surface area they provide as a base. Lots of places and angles for my foot positions. Only downside is they can take a while to set up for mobile hunting. Just takes practice.

I can set two of them up pretty fast. To do a third one, I have been setting the the middle step lower than the other two. It is actually fairly comfortable. But ya, that third one can take an extra minute to set.

I can set two of them up pretty fast. To do a third one, I have been setting the the middle step lower than the other two. It is actually fairly comfortable. But ya, that third one can take an extra minute to set.

I'm actually doing the same thing with the middle step. I agree. Its still comfortable and is easier to set up.

Back