• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Wild Edge Yarak

Yodan

I received an email from Wild Edge today announcing a review of the final prototype of their Yarak. It was going to be on Facebook today. I'm not on Facebook , anyone know what they might be offering?

Saw these on instagram ...
84b43a4e667b9ec89b9e4389d21c9205.jpg
50e1c741bdc30ea16c28285b92473ec9.jpg

It’s mesh? Hmmmm....

What’s the weight?

I thought I was the only one who wasted time watching the video. Maybe they didn’t talk about features because its the same thing as the others on the market? I sure hope not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man This was a very disapointing video...it didnt help WE at all...the saddle laid on the table and the features were never demonstrated...looking for the second round and hope its better
It was just meant to be the video of an audio podcast (i think), so I don't think they were thinking about the visuals. There is a video of someone wearing one... I forget where it was... maybe Drew Walter's FB or WE's FB or instagram... gave the whole run down and everything.

I’m new to all of this, absorbing it all, and welcome another option that may combine a few features I like of other saddle options. I guess I’ll give up hope of getting set up for this season, but I can be okay with that...I guess.

I’m new to all of this, absorbing it all, and welcome another option that may combine a few features I like of other saddle options. I guess I’ll give up hope of getting set up for this season, but I can be okay with that...I guess.

Grab a sit drag, and cheap RC harness and get in the tree. Then, there’s no rush getting set up.

................................................................................All climbing methods, platforms, saddle designs, and/or use of materials possibly mentioned in the post above are not peer reviewed for safety, and should only be used as an example of my own method. Do your own research and testing before becoming confident in any DIY solution to support your life.
-IkemanTx

Grab a sit drag, and cheap RC harness and get in the tree. Then, there’s no rush getting set up.

................................................................................All climbing methods, platforms, saddle designs, and/or use of materials possibly mentioned in the post above are not peer reviewed for safety, and should only be used as an example of my own method. Do your own research and testing before becoming confident in any DIY solution to support your life.
-IkemanTx
^^^^ he’s right you know.
I don’t understand why more people don’t go this route. I still say my sitdrags are more comfortable than my Mantis. Others will say their first impression of a saddle shouldn’t be from a sitdrag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-IkemanTx
I'll second this, it's exactly what I'm doing while wait for my order to arrive.

@Tuhlmann,
I am still hunting out of my 3+ year old Sit Drag, and before that I hunted out of a @kenn1320 molle saddle. Don’t let the lack of a commercial saddle hold you back. Heck, if you don’t like the sit drag, do a fleece saddle.

-IkemanTx

The Yarak looks like a “Kite Flex” with a Wild Edge flair. I have a Kestrel, but I would definitely look into the Yarak as a hot-weather option or just a secondary system that I could probably tuck into a fanny pack if I didn’t want to go through thorns and needles wearing mesh.

If trophyline launches in time there will be other saddles in the classifieds. Saddles hold their value well and will continue to do so until supply keeps up with demand.

I have a flex so not so much interested in the yarak. It’s the same thing with some different loops sewn into the mollie rows from what I see.

I am interested in trying out the trophy line. I do want a mesh saddle for early season.

Back