• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Wildlife enforcement nicknames

Lowg08

So I used a nick name the other day for a wildlife enforcement agent I saw at subway after church on Sunday. In which my kids thought was hilarious. It has me thinking. What are some nicknames y’all know. I’ll list mine that I can think of.
Trout Trooper
Rabbit Sheriff
Little green men
Mr Green jeans

Back home (Alaska) we called them Bullwinkle, river rangers, mountain men, bush bandits(they like to hide in scrub brush and monitor the decoys for poachers).

I call mine Corey. I've run into him too much at this point to call him Officer Last Name.
I have one I talk too also. I work with the one I called trout troopers dad. It’s amazing what people come up with.

Before my current position as City Marshal, I worked eleven years as a county Deputy. During that time I worked on details with DNR including OWI boating, poaching rings and illegal grow operations. They would refer to me as Barney and I always called them opossum patrol.

squirrel cop is what they go by around here, and they love it.

I keep hearing Crappie Cops in MN. Along with County Mountie, but that's more for the Deputies.

Bait Brigade. Sooner we outlaw that BS the better off we’ll all be.

It’s not allowed on public land for anything, and illegal statewide for ducks, of course, and for turkeys. That doesn’t stop the baiters though. Disgusting habit. I would rather see a fellow eat another man’s boogers than to see him toss out corn.

3BABAB2D-24F6-4BBD-A15E-144FDB9567C6.jpeg

It’s not allowed on public land for anything, and illegal statewide for ducks, of course, and for turkeys. That doesn’t stop the baiters though. Disgusting habit. I would rather see a fellow eat another man’s boogers than to see him toss out corn.

It is illegal here on all public, but it is ubiquitous on private land and hunting clubs. Most guys wouldn't know what to do without it. A friend of mine told me this past weekend that someone had installed a 24 hour corn vending machine up the road from him. I told him he should go hang a loc on stand on the power pole next to it.

It is illegal here on all public, but it is ubiquitous on private land and hunting clubs. Most guys wouldn't know what to do without it. A friend of mine told me this past weekend that someone had installed a 24 hour corn vending machine up the road from him. I told him he should go hang a loc on stand on the power pole next to it.
I will agree. Corn is the biggest killer of woodsmanship

Price this year will probably slow it down some.
It probably will. I was talking to another friend, and he said his club passed a rule where you could only have a camera on a feeder that was 200 pounds capacity or larger. He was one of those guys who would only scatter a coffee can full here or there but looks like his costs went up considerably. I can't believe he got back in that club.

I will agree. Corn is the biggest killer of woodsmanship
No doubt. That club my friend is in has a rule of NO SCOUTING. You are expected to pick your two primary spots, place a stand, put up a 200 pound or larger corn feeder and a camera and stay out of the woods. For this privilege he pays $1300 a year. There is no way I would go along with that nonsense. He said he is also expected to call in any deer they kill and report it to the club president.

Back