• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Will I be better off with a different brand?

johnw91

Hey Guys,
I purchased the trophy line ambush set up the other day. Two hunts in, I have tried everything imaginable to make it comfortable and i just can't seem to get it worked out. It's bulky and fairly heavy, but I could deal with that if it was comfortable and between the hip pinch and pressure from it constantly riding up I am going to return it. Before this I used a sit drag and a RCH and was fairly pleased with the results, but would rather have an all in one unit. Do you all think I should just stick with that combo or potentially try out a tethrd mantis or the H2? I guess it would be ideal if someone with one of these saddles also purchased a trophy line and could compare the comfort-ability of the two. Thanks for the help!

I'd call it a definite maybe. You'll find guys who have tried both - but their preferences will be split. The only sure thing is that there are differences!

Also have you played with tether height, bridge length, etc? These can make a world of difference.

Last edited:
I'd call it a definite maybe. You'll find guys who have tried both - but their preferences will be split. The only sure thing is that there are differences!

Also have you played with tether height, bridge length, etc? These can make a world of difference.
I tried messing with the bridge, using my linesmens belt as a bridge, adjusting tether height, I even tied in a rope between my legs and ran a prusik and carabiner up to my tether to alleviate some of the pressure on my hips. Still didn't seem as comfortable as a sit drag but there has gotta be something better about the true saddles then a RCH/sit drag I would think?

Do you sit or lean? I sit with my knees at jusy over 90 degree angle. I sit like this because its easy to get into a leaning position to shoot.

Ive had a mantis. Sold it, never liked it. Currently use an H2. It's very nice for my style and I'll continue to use it.

Playing with a few others to compair, but so far, the H2 takes the cake.

Hey Guys,
I purchased the trophy line ambush set up the other day. Two hunts in, I have tried everything imaginable to make it comfortable and i just can't seem to get it worked out. It's bulky and fairly heavy, but I could deal with that if it was comfortable and between the hip pinch and pressure from it constantly riding up I am going to return it. Before this I used a sit drag and a RCH and was fairly pleased with the results, but would rather have an all in one unit. Do you all think I should just stick with that combo or potentially try out a tethrd mantis or the H2? I guess it would be ideal if someone with one of these saddles also purchased a trophy line and could compare the comfort-ability of the two. Thanks for the help!

I hate the old trophyline saddles. Very uncomfortable for me even after giving it a fair shake for an entire season. About an hour into my hunt and hip pinch would settle in bad. Then it was basically fidgetfest after that.

I would say you are much more likely to find comfort with the new saddles on the market versus the old ones.

Woops I meant to add, I ordered the new trophy line ambush lite that they just released. Thanks

@Adrena123 , any thoughts????

Yea we're not liking the New trophyline either. A friend/new saddle hunter bought one and we told him to return it. He's sat in my KITE and loved it but didn't want to wait, so rolled the dice on the new TL. My original TL Ambush is more comfortable. It does suck because i have been hunting out of my OG Ambush for 12yrs . Last year i bought and use a KITE size 2 now. Just wanted to preserve my trophyline and get a spare. If you are like me and want to stick with mesh, get a size 2 kite. My cousins double sit drag is the most comfortable diy saddle i have ever sat in. Hope this helps.

Back