• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Winchester shells

Ckwilli

SH Member
I purchased a case of Winchester super x shells from Rogers. About four shells in every box has a hole all the way to the shot cup. I can see the steel shot so any moisture is going to rust it. I spoke with a guy from Winchester who said it was certainly a defect. I’m waiting to hear back from customer service.
eb5d963026defad6171b075ebf944a61.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I own a waterfowl hunting club - winchester is the worst shotgun ammo made. I recommend you Buy federal or kent
I typically do by federal or hevi-metal but Winchester helped sponsor a duck hunt for some veterans I helped. I figured I’d make my next case of shells Winchester because of that. Hopefully they’ll fix it.

Melt some wax on them to seal the hole or just throw them in your home defense gun that isnt going to be out in the weather.

So Winchester said if I shipped the shells to them they would refund my money but couldn’t replace the shells. They advised me not to try and seal them because they are unsafe to shoot. I guess Winchester QC dropped the ball on that one. Anyway I hate to give up shells or any other ammo but if I can’t shoot them they are worthless.

Back