• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Wingman Modified

tim_dawg22

7bcffd6ba3b448307b8596d433a0b8a9.jpg

10bc0a6b61756c97930d30e9e54c4c19.jpg

9e2f96d500c9eda57fc05f70768dd5cb.jpg

6756277e5d2bde7b01697e60999ca59f.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How you liking the wingman? I’ve been looking at getting one. Yours is sick man! Good job on it

How you liking the wingman? I’ve been looking at getting one. Yours is sick man! Good job on it

Thanks man! I just received it today so I just got it all put together. Hoping to put it to use this weekend if these thunderstorms pass.

That looks sharp and very functional. Looking forward to the follow up on how you like the modifications.

Why turn it upside down?

Well the platform itself isn’t upside down I just moved it to the bottom of the stick. This is the same way I’ve been using my scout attachment from OOAL since I started one stick climbing so I wanted to use the wingman in the same configuration.
ef84b6f470d81819caa7bfbae04cde77.jpg

That’s my old stick.

I prefer the platform on the bottom and the double step on the top because I like the flexibility it provides for my foot placement. I typically lean the vast majority of my hunt with my feet on the platform but occasionally I’ll put both feet on the double step and go to a sitting position without having to adjust my tether.

Sometimes I’ll do one foot on the platform and one on the step and it helps relieve pressure points from the saddle. It gives me good control when shifting around the tree for different shots as well.

Other than that I just like it and it’s the way I’ve always done it.

Well the platform itself isn’t upside down I just moved it to the bottom of the stick. This is the same way I’ve been using my scout attachment from OOAL since I started one stick climbing so I wanted to use the wingman in the same configuration.
ef84b6f470d81819caa7bfbae04cde77.jpg

That’s my old stick.

I prefer the platform on the bottom and the double step on the top because I like the flexibility it provides for my foot placement. I typically lean the vast majority of my hunt with my feet on the platform but occasionally I’ll put both feet on the double step and go to a sitting position without having to adjust my tether.

Sometimes I’ll do one foot on the platform and one on the step and it helps relieve pressure points from the saddle. It gives me good control when shifting around the tree for different shots as well.

Other than that I just like it and it’s the way I’ve always done it.

Clever. Something I'll have to consider

I’ve been able to take it out for 4 hunts and I like it even better than my previous stick. With the bigger platform it does have a small bit of flex but it grips the tree great with the EWO standoffs.

Unfortunately I went for a before work hunt this morning and got in a rush to get out of the woods. When I went to my truck for lunch I realized my tailgate was open with all of my gear in the back except for my brand new stick.

So like a knucklehead I must have left it back there and it fell off somewhere between the hunt and work. Back tracked with no luck. Guess it’s back to the original for now.

I’ve been able to take it out for 4 hunts and I like it even better than my previous stick. With the bigger platform it does have a small bit of flex but it grips the tree great with the EWO standoffs.

Unfortunately I went for a before work hunt this morning and got in a rush to get out of the woods. When I went to my truck for lunch I realized my tailgate was open with all of my gear in the back except for my brand new stick.

So like a knucklehead I must have left it back there and it fell off somewhere between the hunt and work. Back tracked with no luck. Guess it’s back to the original for now.

Man that stinks! Sorry man !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm debating lightning my stick like that. One thing I love about my beast sticks

Back