• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Woodsman broadheads

They're good broadheads! I rounded the tip on a double shoulder hit but it filed right out and was ready to go again. They have a pretty big profile though and I've never pushed them past about a 25 yd. shot.

They're good broadheads! I rounded the tip on a double shoulder hit but it filed right out and was ready to go again. They have a pretty big profile though and I've never pushed them past about a 25 yd. shot.
I know they’re designed for trad-bows but have you ever shot them out of a compound?

I know they’re designed for trad-bows but have you ever shot them out of a compound?
Yes. Long story short, I lost a couple arrows years ago with my Montec G5s on them and replaced the 2 lost broadheads with the Woodsmans I had from my recurve set up. The Woodsman through my Switchback @70 lbs. blew through both shoulders on a buck right where I was aiming at about a 20-25 yd. shot. I can't say how they'd perform at a longer distance though.

Yes. Long story short, I lost a couple arrows years ago with my Montec G5s on them and replaced the 2 lost broadheads with the Woodsmans I had from my recurve set up. The Woodsman through my Switchback @70 lbs. blew through both shoulders on a buck right where I was aiming at about a 20-25 yd. shot. I can't say how they'd perform at a longer distance though.

I don’t typically shoot much further than that anyway. Sounds good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, they're kind of a pain to get hair popping sharp but it's doable! The ones I got (and still have) had some pretty deep grind marks on the cutting edge that take a bit of work to get out but this might be improved from years past.

I have shot them out to 40 yards with my stick bows during practice and they fly beautiful and thrown them on a compound arrow past that distance for practice as well and no problems. Make sure their mounted correctly sometimes and I mean sometimes they are askew. Knock the tip off and slightly round and real easy to sharpen with file or stone after you get the first initial grind. They are a real good head and like many heads they will hold up fine as long as you don’t hit a rock during pass thru. I have 6 kills off 1 head until it flew into neverland. Strong and dependable broadhead!

I've shot Snuffers for years and they are about the same thing. Really easy to sharpen on sandpaper. They fly as good as my field points.

Back