• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

XOP Edge Post

Nchunter1989

SH Member
Anyone measured the post on the Edge? Curious if a typical 1.5” platform post would work as an replacement…

Looks like a good platform, but the weight has me holding on to my Mission.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Anyone measured the post on the Edge? Curious if a typical 1.5” platform post would work as an replacement…

Looks like a good platform, but the weight has me holding on to my Mission.

I’ll measure it when I get home. I bought one a couple weeks ago. It’s actually a very nice looking platform and strong but it weighs as much as the mission platform with less real estate.

How much of that weight do you think is coming from the I beam post versus the platform itself?

How much of that weight do you think is coming from the I beam post versus the platform itself?

If I had to guess I’d say most of it is the platform. It’s pretty thick and it doesn’t flex at all like some of the others I have do. That post is heavy too but that platform is definitely the thickest aluminum platform that I own

Ehh…. Sounds like I may need an EDP.. or the new folding Ridge Runner..

Figured I would revive this instead of starting a new one-

Can someone with a EDP send me some photos of the underside of the platform? I’m trying to compare the thickness between the EDP & Edge. I’ve got a wild idea…..

That post is 1.187 wide or 30mm, I didn't ever measure how thick the washers are. I think just over half the weight was in the platform, if i recall the post was like 2.5# and the total was 6# 6 oz

That post is 1.187 wide or 30mm, I didn't ever measure how thick the washers are. I think just over half the weight was in the platform, if i recall the post was like 2.5# and the total was 6# 6 oz

Yeah I’ve got a new post coming from EWO, the factory post is a chunky sucker. Gonna add a double step at the stand off. Curious though about the platform thickness difference, looking at the bottom of the Edge, it seems there’s some “extra” material.

So I wound up canceling the EWO order due to delays, happy with what I’ve done so far.. still gonna get a replace post at some point.

66f6ca188b2b941223282729be003f6a.jpg

Back