• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

XOP Platform kits?

Erniepower

Vendor Rep
Well I built a bunch of platforms this week. 7 to be exact, and I am currently shipping some of them out to guys who had asked for them. I got to thinking though, and it kind of seems dumb for me to buy brackets and seats and have them shipped to me for free from xop and then have to pay to ship completed platforms out to people.

What do you guys think about a kit that allows you to buy your own seat and brackets? I would provide the center post, steel support, upgraded hardware, and the UCR rope. It would be easy for your guys to assemble and would cut down on shipping cost. Currently its costing about $20 to ship a full platform.

I am trying to find cheaper sources for the aluminum and rope but right now I am guessing it would be $60 plus actual shipping (I am guessing less than $10) for the kit.

I think that sounds like a good deal. For the assembly it is pretty straightforward and cost effective.

I already have my seat and brackets. So I would send payment for the rest of the kit plus shipping as soon as you have one ready.

PM if we have a deal in case I miss your response here.

Actually that would save me some work Ernie. I have 4 seats and just haven't gotten to ordering the rest of the parts.

Ok guys, let me see what I can get going on Monday. There's deer to kill this weekend.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Erinepower do you have pictures of this I'm interested in what it looks like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am definitely in for one.
PM me when yer ready please!

I am hoping you take Paypal :)

Yeah me too. I'd like a couple more platforms.

But I'm a little confused. Can I buy the full kit from you? or Do I need to source some of the parts myself (like a seat and brackets)?

Wow, that was more response than I expected. I am going to have to figure out how to do this faster.

I hope to have more info for everyone on Monday.

G2, yes you would buy the seat and brackets direct from xop. They shop for free and it doesn't make sense to have them shipped here so you can pay to have them shipped to you from me. Everything else is in the kit. I take some pictures for everyone when I get to my office on Monday.

Here is a picture. I'm playing with the idea of riveting the steel plate on.
be993bf35b5f12302a462a905fbc3953.jpg

Just got back from the post office. I can fit this all in a flat rate envelope. $6.45. Much better than trying to ship a whole platform.

Just got back from the post office. I can fit this all in a flat rate envelope. $6.45. Much better than trying to ship a whole platform.

I'm in for 4 Ernie.

I'm ordering parts as we speak. Unfortunately the next couple weeks are pretty full with two out of town hunts. More to follow very soon. I'm hurrying guys!

Works for me. Like I said, I'm hurrying to get parts and get these started.

On another note, I had a couple of guys use these as tree seats to hunt from the ground last week. Compared to sitting in the dirt, they really liked it.

Please mark me down for one as well. Once you get this all set, let me know price and I will get you the money. Love the idea!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back