• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Xop seat for platform

Benb

I bought an xop seat and fashioned a simple platform this summer. With two ratchet straps, the post is secured really well. The platform isn't great. I don't trust it too much. Crazy idea but since I don't care if it's folded up on my way into the woods, would it be all right to jb weld the post to the seat (it isn't able to cam over)? Or would it be okay and safe to cut up the platform to create teeth so I can cam it over? If I do that, would the integrity be compromised? Any help would be appreciated. It's just a back up for my real platform.

I think if you search “Klemz platform” you may find what you’re looking for. My first platform was a DIY xop seat that cams over with a amsteel Whoopie sling that I used for my first couple years of saddle hunting

I think if you search “Klemz platform” you may find what you’re looking for. My first platform was a DIY xop seat that cams over with a amsteel Whoopie sling that I used for my first couple years of saddle hunting
Thank you for the direction

Back