• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Yes or No?

Nope. I have one bow that is camo dipped and I do not like looking at it. I like the natural woods. If I did it over I would just get the little sleeves that go over each limb and can come off anytime.

I used the sleeves back in the day but they are spandex or something semi reflective so I didn’t care much for those either.

I used the sleeves back in the day but they are spandex or something semi reflective so I didn’t care much for those either.
Seems like jersey knit would have enough stretch to make the sleeves. All you would need would be a sacrificial camo tee shirt

Sent from my SM-A516V using Tapatalk

Nope. I have one bow that is camo dipped and I do not like looking at it. I like the natural woods. If I did it over I would just get the little sleeves that go over each limb and can come off anytime.
I used the sleeves back in the 70's and didn't care for them much as they snagged every stick tite, beggar lice, and cockle burr in the woods.

I think it would work great. I almost did that, but I opted for some rust oleum instead. My bow also isn’t a custom or anything either.

Seems like jersey knit would have enough stretch to make the sleeves. All you would need would be a sacrificial camo tee shirt

Sent from my SM-A516V using Tapatalk
I might try this with something polyester/spandex with a bit of stretch to it so it doesn't have the baggy pleat bulges that grab everything.

No sleeves of any kind on my bow, extra weight and air sail slows the limb speed down. At 160 fps I wouldn't want to drop 5 more. Which is about what sleeves will do to arrow speed.

That stuff is sticky! I’d be worried about taking it off if you changed your mind about it.

When my buddy owned AWU wraps company I talked to him in printing me out limb wraps before it became a thing and I used that for many years switching out snake to camo all the time didn’t add enough weight to limbs to matter for my tune bows. Wish Adam still made wraps I had every color and patterns and designs known to man

Ps I wouldn’t use limb sleeves because they always ends up moving or shifting. I would spray paint it now

It's gotta effect bow performance. Any weight that is added to the string or limbs will slow it down. Even the location of string silencers effects performance.
Not saying you shouldn't do it but dont assume you won't need to retune your arrows.

I have used limbsations in the past and if there was a loss in performance it was not noticeable. I took them off because the would catch sun and have a shine to them even though they were not glossy.

For the original post I would not worry covering your limbs unless you have pink glass on them. On the ground movement is your biggest challenge. Especially late season with little to hide in.

Just paint the bow with a spray can. Or you can buy camo paint that is removable

Back