• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

You guys get me in so much trouble

redhawk

I believe this forum has been the best and worst thing I have ever come across. I just pulled the trigger on a kestrel saddle and few accessories, lone wolf climbing sticks, silent approach ROS, ropeman 1 for tether and LB, and couple dump pouches. My wallet is hurting after this, but checking out the many ideas and suggestions you guys have posted, has gotten me into a lot of trouble with the wife. I am a constant tinkerer and have found saddle hunting to be just as addictive as traditional archery. But seriously I appreciate all the support and information you all have provided on this site.

I'm in the same boat. And I don't even have a a saddle yet, but should be here soon. The more research I did the more I appreciate the safety aspect. The tinkering is what I like, making what I have my own

Yeah I told myself only a platform this year. Well I just pulled the trigger on SRT. I told my wife I was using money I made selling some of my brewing equipment, which is true.

The big cost is going to be when I go elk hunting next year. I told her about it and she asked why wouldn't I just go on a guided hunt. I told her the cost of a guided hunt and she is fine with my diy hunt.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Yea, its a safety harness. Really! You dont want me to get hurt do you?
Incidently i did have a stand shift on me and eject me out of it 3 years ago. I always thought i could catch my self.. but knew as i was going over one hand would not have saved me. Luckly i had previously seen a video of a guy and his son using a rope and prussic with their treesaddle as they climbed.. so i did the same thing. Saved my life. If i smoked, i would have taken a nice long drag. Showed her the harness and explained the one fall principal.

I believe this forum has been the best and worst thing I have ever come across. I just pulled the trigger on a kestrel saddle and few accessories, lone wolf climbing sticks, silent approach ROS, ropeman 1 for tether and LB, and couple dump pouches. My wallet is hurting after this, but checking out the many ideas and suggestions you guys have posted, has gotten me into a lot of trouble with the wife. I am a constant tinkerer and have found saddle hunting to be just as addictive as traditional archery. But seriously I appreciate all the support and information you all have provided on this site.

I have become addicted to saddle hunting AND traditional archery in the last year. I’m in the same boat. Divorce may be on the horizon lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm glad I'm not the only one in trouble.....actually to be honest this wife (3rd time is a charm) could care less what I spend on as long as I'm happy and man this saddle hunting makes me happy! I'm getting quite a collection of Stands, Sticks, SRT Stuff, Steps, Platforms. I don't want to get rid of any of it yet so I tell her its for the kids, she loves the kids!

Safety first! That’s how I peddle it.

If you stick with it, it’s money well spent.
I mean it's not wrong. Saddle hunting IS safer than regular tree stand hunting. My problem is unloading the climber I bought 2 years ago. I gotta get rid of that stupid thing, the wife has been nagging me about it.

Last edited:
It's funny how wives are the same no matter where you live. Same boat here.

You should have seen mine when we were in the heavy prototype stages of the Mantis and Predator. I was getting boxes almost daily. Trying to explain all that wasn't fun.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I mean it's not wrong. Saddle hunting IS safer than regular tree stand hunting. My problem is unloading the climber I bought 2 years ago. I gotta get rid of that stupid thing, the wife has been nagging me about it.
Yea i have been trying to unload my m100 (millenniums). Thing i may have to leave to my son in my will.

Man, I sure hope not! Talk about a expensive item..LOL!!!!

Yes, that would be very expensive! Lol. I am joking though. She’s not too bad. I tend to ask for forgiveness than permission. As long as I keep it reasonable. All I ask is for the same in return. Most of my purchases are made by selling other things most of the time anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back