• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

You wouldn’t think…

CP3

That a pair of suspenders would make this much difference, but it’s amazing how everything just stays in place. E2A5AE02-5F53-41CA-9DF1-1EE14EBC0A05.jpeg91989279-875C-4A62-A2DB-488D40463B50.jpeg

Step up to tactical suspenders, MOLLE loops for holding stuff in other positions.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: CP3
That’s really cool! I’ve used my LB around my neck and hooked to each side and it seemed to make the saddle w/gear all weigh less……I know it didn’t, but it felt like it probably from the distribution.

What size are your amsteels on that bridge? That looks simple and I’ve been toying with the idea of making something similar.

I really like the idea of suspenders for walking in wearing your saddle. But then do you take them off once you start your climb? Seems like a non issue early in the season when its warm, but your saddle is obviously your outer most layer, so you would need to wear your suspenders over all of your insulation, so you would have to lengthen them. Or am I missing something?

What size are your amsteels on that bridge? That looks simple and I’ve been toying with the idea of making something similar.
Hello, the bridge size is what comes stock on the Tethrd Phantom xl. I don’t know the specs. Sorry.

I really like the idea of suspenders for walking in wearing your saddle. But then do you take them off once you start your climb? Seems like a non issue early in the season when its warm, but your saddle is obviously your outer most layer, so you would need to wear your suspenders over all of your insulation, so you would have to lengthen them. Or am I missing something?
I haven’t tried the suspenders with the heaviest of layers. It hasn’t gotten that cold where I am. Like you said, I would probably try loosening them out and wearing them at all times first, but if not then just slip them off and let them hang off the back.
I use sticks, sometimes 4. Having the suspenders on during the climb is the greatest reason I’m using them, besides walking in. With 2-3 sticks and the predator xl platform, I could use the “lift”.

I haven’t tried the suspenders with the heaviest of layers. It hasn’t gotten that cold where I am. Like you said, I would probably try loosening them out and wearing them at all times first, but if not then just slip them off and let them hang off the back.
I use sticks, sometimes 4. Having the suspenders on during the climb is the greatest reason I’m using them, besides walking in. With 2-3 sticks and the predator xl platform, I could use the “lift”.
Yeah I hang a platform and two sticks off mine while I climb. I don't usually have any issues because the weight is on my LB, but walking in the saddle definitely wants to sag. Looks like your using suspenders from Sitka?

Yeah I hang a platform and two sticks off mine while I climb. I don't usually have any issues because the weight is on my LB, but walking in the saddle definitely wants to sag. Looks like your using suspenders from Sitka?

Yes Sir. I was going to get the Tethrd ones, but they have been out of stock for a long time. Grew tired of waiting and fighting my saddle sag.
If I were in better shape and had a posterior, it may not be as necessary, but I’m not…

Yes Sir. I was going to get the Tethrd ones, but they have been out of stock for a long time. Grew tired of waiting and fighting my saddle sag.
If I were in better shape and had a posterior, it may not be as necessary, but I’m not…
I have a pair of those suspenders, maybe I'l give them a try. I too was waiting for the Tethrd ones to come back in stock, but I don't think it will end up working for me with heavy clothes anyway. I will try these. Good idea, I never thought of using them but the hook on them is perfect for the molle on the saddle.

I've been using the CGM (Custom Gear Modifications) @always89y "Saddlespenders" this season on the CGM Sidewinder and they work awesome. Once I'm ready to climb up the tree (I one-stick climb) I take them off of my shoulders and tuck them in my right side pouch where my climbing tether normally resides. This keeps them from dangling and when I've rappelled back down I just slide them back on up over my shoulders for the walk out.

Back