• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

your input on my map

HokeyMike

Looking for some additional feedback on other areas to look at.

Last edited:
Not a good idea to post your hunting spots for the whole world to see. In my opinion anyway.

Good luck.

Agreed above, might be better to take a screen shot. But in any case you've identified water which is good, I would check all of the ridges that are in that area for trails/sign. They are going to bed on the leeward side of the ridges in most cases so that they can look down the ridge and have the wind over their backs. Try to identify their bedding spots and hit them on their way to/from the water or if acorns are dropping that is really good this time of year also

thanks; I deleted all the detail. if bedded on leeward side will they then walk into the wind towards the water or food source?

Back