• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Zinger fletchings

DanielB89

I purchased 12 zinger fletchings a few months back to do some testing with. I had never shot anything other than conventional fletchings. So here are my completely findings.

Pros:
Easy to install
Good flight
Quick

Cons:
Noise
Slide back while passing through and can take the nock with it.
Very tough to get off of a nock or the wrap behind the zinger.

I have been practicing with them in an old broadhead target and when one passes through the target it almost always slides backwards.

11/27 I finally get a shot at a deer with them and I found my mock and zinger in the lung.
b464644d5ed245b1994c4758df09125d.jpg

After getting it out and washing it off, I couldn’t get my lighted nock out and ended up having to cut my the zinger off of the lighted nock. I have had the same thing happen with it sliding back over a wrap and have to pretty much cut it off.

Overall, I think they will be great for people who like fobs or something similar, but they aren’t for me. The QC of them was great and they all fit the shafts well. So it is of no flaw in the manufacturing, it is just my preference.

ac2d872359d17f2c93748ddd8d56e0c1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I purchased 12 zinger fletchings a few months back to do some testing with. I had never shot anything other than conventional fletchings. So here are my completely findings.

Pros:
Easy to install
Good flight
Quick

Cons:
Noise
Slide back while passing through and can take the nock with it.
Very tough to get off of a nock or the wrap behind the zinger.

I have been practicing with them in an old broadhead target and when one passes through the target it almost always slides backwards.

11/27 I finally get a shot at a deer with them and I found my mock and zinger in the lung.
b464644d5ed245b1994c4758df09125d.jpg

After getting it out and washing it off, I couldn’t get my lighted nock out and ended up having to cut my the zinger off of the lighted nock. I have had the same thing happen with it sliding back over a wrap and have to pretty much cut it off.

Overall, I think they will be great for people who like fobs or something similar, but they aren’t for me. The QC of them was great and they all fit the shafts well. So it is of no flaw in the manufacturing, it is just my preference.

ac2d872359d17f2c93748ddd8d56e0c1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm strongly considering these for next year (probably 4 fletch with 6 degree offset). But I just thought of something tonight.....these things seem way stiffer than a regular vane. What happens if they hit a small twig near the deer that you don't see? My gut tells me that a regular vane is more likely to fold down more and deflect the arrow less off course.

Any experience that might speak to that? I haven't felt them yet, so I guess I might just be assuming they are really stiff and would flip and arrow end over end after touching a blade of grass!

Not that I ever purposefully shoot through brush, but I might get the trial pack and then shoot them and then regular vanes into targets that are in tall grass and see what happens.

Back