• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Zombie deer

Ckwilli

SH Member
I got this guy on trail camera two seasons ago. I sent a copy of the pic to the MDC and one of the biologists said he thought it was caused from an injury. My kids and I called him the zombie deer. I saw him after the season but not since.
c021f32b21455d347af98a3a99a76ed6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking at the left eye, it appears to be a complete skull deformity. He may be perfectly fine but would also make for an awesome European mount.

47916406-3BF7-4692-8997-A34ACC174F1F.jpeg
This was the buck I took last season. I didn’t want to chance him breeding in the rut so second day of last I took him out out of the deer herd.

Looks like a broken pedicel to me. The break happens more often than you think. Especially on young bucks cause the pedicel is so light and small. A deer like that won't pass on any bad genetics, he's just been injured.

Looks like a broken pedicel to me. The break happens more often than you think. Especially on young bucks cause the pedicel is so light and small. A deer like that won't pass on any bad genetics, he's just been injured.
Yes. This what I learned from my taxidermist. He told me he was possibly hit by a car. I was unsure of the nature of his antlers before I made the shot. And I didn’t want to jeopardize the herd not knowing this information.

Back