• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules
shmelton
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• shmelton
      shmelton replied to the thread 2024 Turkey Thread.
      I went for a noon hunt yesterday, and struck my gobbler up right off the bat. I called him in from 300 yds, only for him to hang up...
    • shmelton
      I bought one of these to get my 9yr old off the ground more while turkey hunting. I may have to see how it works for bow hunting...
    • shmelton
      I scout 3-4 times a week while turkey hunting. I find tons of rubs, open scrapes, trails, and beds every time I go. But, then I forget...
    • shmelton
      I won’t shoot a deer in the woods over 30. I’ve shot them in a cut ag field at 55. My largest was at 18yds Sent from my iPhone using...
    • shmelton
      Tell them if the wind is blowing, keep covering ground, and call every 50 yds. There are so many elevation changes, you may hear one 1.5...
    • shmelton
      I haven’t received all of the pics yet. Those were just the hunts I participated in. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • shmelton
      shmelton reacted to Crawdaddy4's post in the thread Most stable platform design with Like Like.
      I've owned the OOAL Ridgerunner and the Tethrd XL. Ran them both with the cam strap and a rope mod. Both seemed "rock solid" once cammed...
    • shmelton
      A group of 7 of us just got back from a WY. We killed 10 birds in 3 days. This was our 1st time hunting Merriams. We killed 6 birds the...
    • shmelton
      shmelton reacted to Weldabeast's post in the thread 2024 Turkey Thread with Like Like.
      I went out to that private property invite over the weekend. I turned out to be the only 1 there who was really attempting to kill a...
    • shmelton
      shmelton reacted to Bowtie747's post in the thread 2024 Turkey Thread with Like Like.
      It’s tough man! Last time I did it I ended up shooting my next 3 birds at like 15 yards because I didn’t wanna do it again. This...
    • shmelton
      shmelton reacted to Micneador's post in the thread 2024 Turkey Thread with Like Like.
      Man I have to keep reminding myself not to force a shot. I struggle cause if one is in gun range I think I just HAVE to kill him then...
    • shmelton
      Sunday was almost a bust. I didn’t kill the Tom I was after, but I did wind up calling in a Yote to 8 paces. Sent from my iPhone using...
    • shmelton
      shmelton reacted to Micneador's post in the thread 2024 Turkey Thread with Like Like.
      She worked her butt off this morning. We ended up using some terrain to gain some ground and call all three longbeards back to where...
    • shmelton
      shmelton reacted to Nimbus1376's post in the thread Lighted Nock Issues with Like Like.
      Not sure how applicable this is, but I had major issues broadhead tuning out of a Mathews V3x compound with Nocturnal lighted nocks. Was...
    • shmelton
      Beautiful bird in beautiful scenery! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back