• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

2024 Gear thread

These make the custom gear crossover look like a bargain…

These make the custom gear crossover look like a bargain…

I am not interested, but I talked to the owner. These are a copy of the Tree Walker.
A friend has a Tree Walker, cuts into the tree big time.
The Heartland is hand made from 6061 aluminum. It weighs 19lbs.
The stand is powder coated. Weight limit is 300lbs. The platform is 24" deep x 17"
The top is 26" deep x 21" wide.

I enjoy a nice climber, but what’s the big deal with those to warrant $1,000?

They don’t have much on their site, so I might have missed something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I enjoy a nice climber, but what’s the big deal with those to warrant $1,000?

They don’t have much on their site, so I might have missed something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree. Look nice but there's no fab there to rack up a price tag more than a Viper.

I wonder if they used a quieter fabric than they normally do……… Kifaru makes great packs but they are noisey on cold days in the treestand.

I use my Stryker XL in Multicam as a knee rest when using my climbing platform and don’t find it noisy. Highs in the 20s.

It’s not fleece or wool quiet, sure.
That’s just frame packs.

I’d be shocked to see something other than Cordura.

I use my Stryker XL in Multicam as a knee rest when using my climbing platform and don’t find it noisy. Highs in the 20s.

It’s not fleece or wool quiet, sure.
That’s just frame packs.

I’d be shocked to see something other than Cordura.
I have the same pack, Kifaru Stryker. What a noisy piece of trouble. Zippers are gross. If you pack most of your stuff between the pack and frame you can make it work. Just don't touch those zippers unless your life is on the line, :)

I have the same pack, Kifaru Stryker. What a noisy piece of trouble. Zippers are gross. If you pack most of your stuff between the pack and frame you can make it work. Just don't touch those zippers unless your life is on the line, :)

Works well for me.

Like I said, it’s cordura (and YKK). Other high end frame packs aren’t any better. At least in my experience and I’ve been through most of the big name stuff. They mostly use the same materials.

The benefits outweigh the drawbacks for me.

What’s the material that’s quiet and highly water resistant and durable and lightweight?

And which zippers are silent and more foolproof?

I’m all for progress here.

Works well for me.

Like I said, it’s cordura (and YKK). Other high end frame packs aren’t any better. At least in my experience and I’ve been through most of the big name stuff. They mostly use the same materials.

The benefits outweigh the drawbacks for me.

What’s the material that’s quiet and highly water resistant and durable and lightweight?

And which zippers are silent and more foolproof?

I’m all for progress here.
I don’t think whitetail tree stand packs have to be as robust as a mountain hunting pack so they could go with a softer material for quietness in certain areas of the pack. Mystery Ranch treehouse uses a softer material. The Eberestock X2 is a little quieter as well with their softer material but not perfect (pack I use for tree stand/whitetail hunting).

I don’t think whitetail tree stand packs have to be as robust as a mountain hunting pack so they could go with a softer material for quietness in certain areas of the pack. Mystery Ranch treehouse uses a softer material. The Eberestock X2 is a little quieter as well with their softer material but not perfect (pack I use for tree stand/whitetail hunting).

But I hunt in the mountains, lol.

Perhaps there’s something to Eberlestock’s proprietary microsuede. I’ve not used it and can’t find the fabric specs. But I’m not wowed by a fuzzy 210D, maybe it’s fine for light use.

These bags are both using YKK zippers, just like the frame pack bigs. Actually the new X2 went to them for durability, makes me think there were issues with the former zippers.

Anyway, Kifaru’s new pack doesn’t look soft or fuzzy. It looks like Cordura. It is what it is.

Back