• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

2024 Gear thread

A saddle seat? Oh lord…

Its $185….jeez

Perfectly mates with the bridge buddy.
For $100 I’d be curious, maybe pick one up and revisit the wild edge with aider idea, but not at $185. It would take some extra silencing work with that design.

Hyperlite.
Yeah I saw that but it doesn't really do anything for me that my xwing won't do. I was looking for a bigger platform in the lower end weight. If they had flipped the platform upside down on the arsenal I might of given it a try. Honestly looking for a carbon platform to get rid of metal. Not sure if I trust tethrd enough to try one of their 1st gen anything.

Yeah I saw that but it doesn't really do anything for me that my xwing won't do. I was looking for a bigger platform in the lower end weight. If they had flipped the platform upside down on the arsenal I might of given it a try. Honestly looking for a carbon platform to get rid of metal. Not sure if I trust tethrd enough to try one of their 1st gen anything.
Don't trust Tethrd, where is the Love! :)

So I guess this new whitetail pack is going to be a frame pack? I was really hoping for an updated shapecharge.
From the pic posted the potential “whitetail pack” looks nice but if it’s not made to be quiet on cold mornings……Im not trying one. I am sticking with my new model Eberlestock X2 until someone makes a better pack. They need to address noise when catering to eastern whitetail hunters.

So I guess this new whitetail pack is going to be a frame pack? I was really hoping for an updated shapecharge.

I have been wanting to add a back sheet or some arrows stays to mine. It just needs a little rigidity. Oh, and a new harness.

You can already run the shape charge on a frame if you want by just adding the Guide Lid kit.

I have been wanting to add a back sheet or some arrows stays to mine. It just needs a little rigidity. Oh, and a new harness.
I am/was using a Shape charge all last season and it already has some internal frame rigidity to it which I like overall, but it makes the pack unnecessarily heavy imho. As built, it does provide a nice stable day pack for carrying just about anything including bulky layers but it still is a hoss up in the tree to some extent. I was hoping they would elongate it a bit more, thin it out too and add a few more integral exterior pockets. And, and, and, a slightly quieter material but I can say mine is getting softer and somewhat quieter with avid use. I did like that it will most likely also double as a meat hauler if they go the frame pack route with it. Along the lines of the K4 2200, AKEK 3500, Outdoorsman’s Spur 50.

I am/was using a Shape charge all last season and it already has some internal frame rigidity to it which I like overall, but it makes the pack unnecessarily heavy imho. As built, it does provide a nice stable day pack for carrying just about anything including bulky layers but it still is a hoss up in the tree to some extent. I was hoping they would elongate it a bit more, thin it out too and add a few more integral exterior pockets. And, and, and, a slightly quieter material but I can say mine is getting softer and somewhat quieter with avid use. I did like that it will most likely also double as a meat hauler if they go the frame pack route with it. Along the lines of the K4 2200, AKEK 3500, Outdoorsman’s Spur 50.

Says internal frame sheet and 18” stays. Thought they were removable. (It’s easy to remove stays on my X-ray).

Honestly, I like that Kifaru makes a reasonably wide pack. If you want a skinny pack, get an EXO. The K4 EXS has a 22” frame which makes it more daypack like. They should turn around an internal frame pack based on it.

What’s the deal with the new Xpac material? Seems louder and like the Stone Glacier and Seek Outside materials.

What’s the deal with the new Xpac material? Seems louder and like the Stone Glacier and Seek Outside materials.

Kifaru has used xpac for awhile. The new materials are Challenge sailcloths. Similar to Seek.

The main advantage is waterproof-ness. Supposed increased ruggedness too.

It’s definitely noisier than Cordura.

It’s not meant for the average Eastern whitetail hunter.

That said, I’m holding onto my Seek for those hunts where it’s a soak. You can basically submerge those packs and have dry gear.

Back