• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

2024 Gear thread

“It is a REAL DEAL”.
I mean, it can be. But it’s not really.
But once again I feel we’re inventing solutions to poltergeist problems, that we’re subsequently inventing post-haste to fit the contrived solution better.
FWIW I can do all those foot positions on my mission platform AND my small predator.
But I guess I’ll beware the small platforms if he says so…

What is that belt made out of? It doesn’t look like spring steel and lone wolf belts have 9 steel cables running through them. That had holes in the belt. If that is an unreinforced rubber belt it’s a death trap.

Never. Those same limbs hitting a climbing stick or stand is going to be 10x as loud. I hunted with a quiet fleece badlands pack for years, then the "loud" cordura Tethrd pack. I can't tell any difference. Maybe Im close minded, but there's no way I can be convinced a stick brushing across my pack is gunna be the difference maker on a still hunt over the sound of crunching leaves, sticks breaking, me growling over getting stung again by a rogue sapling etc.
The colder it gets the stiffer the cordura pack becomes…… which makes more noise. I could get by with cordura type pack but I prefer a quiet pack.

For me… the newer X2 solid color pack has the best combo of hauling capabilities for whitetail hunting with sticks and a platform while being relatively quiet. Still not perfect though but it is what I will use until a better pack is brought to market that fits my needs.

I do like the idea of having a small pack piggy backing on a more substantial pack for heavier work. I have a lot of preset stands I hunt were I do not need a lot of items. I would put my tree stand staples in the smaller pack (grunt calls, lights, license, kill kit,etc). I would only take the smaller pack to presets. Then use the substantial pack when hauling in climbing sticks, platform, extra clothes during colder weather, packing out annimals,etc and just strap the smaller pack with my staples.

The Kifaru Maniml offering is close to my idea but too pricy and I suspect a little noisy for my taste.

I was finally able to get around to getting my PSE Mach 30 set up. And as promised, it's running the WEZBV (wheezy bee vee) set up. That's the EZV with a Whisker Biscuit. It's as light as any hunting bow could be. It's the perfect size for anyone in a tree and I wouldn't be scared to take it out west either but I will need some more practice with it before I make that call for sure.

At 70lbs with a 30in DL (plus a little extra in the D loop, so call it 30.25) the average on the Garmin chrono was 288.1! With a 510gr 250 spine Sirius Gemini at 30 inches long. 150gr field point. Quad fletch. Smoking fast.

I'm going down to probably a 500gr or maybe 475gr arrow for this bow so I'm guessing I'll be closer to 290-295 fps which for a bow this small and light is faster than @enkriss can post to the classifieds.

Attachments

• IMG_4432.jpeg
    IMG_4432.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_4431.jpeg
    IMG_4431.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Nice looking rig! Awesome that PSE Carbon Fiber risers are made here in the USA. To my knowledge all the other manufacturer's source theirs from other countries. I really like the looks of that latest CF riser design.

No disrespect at all and it doesn’t matter to me but what does Levi Morgan know about packing out whitetails? It just seems like a disconnect to me. They should have partnered with someone like Jake Bush or Nathan Killin or Troy Pottinger etc. or even the dudes from Southern Sportsman if they were trying to fill that Whitetail hunter pack thing. I know Levi has been stacking up the bucks lately but really. I’m not trying to be negative. Perhaps I’m unaware.

Last edited:
I was finally able to get around to getting my PSE Mach 30 set up. And as promised, it's running the WEZBV (wheezy bee vee) set up. That's the EZV with a Whisker Biscuit. It's as light as any hunting bow could be. It's the perfect size for anyone in a tree and I wouldn't be scared to take it out west either but I will need some more practice with it before I make that call for sure.

At 70lbs with a 30in DL (plus a little extra in the D loop, so call it 30.25) the average on the Garmin chrono was 288.1! With a 510gr 250 spine Sirius Gemini at 30 inches long. 150gr field point. Quad fletch. Smoking fast.

I'm going down to probably a 500gr or maybe 475gr arrow for this bow so I'm guessing I'll be closer to 290-295 fps which for a bow this small and light is faster than @enkriss can post to the classifieds.
That's fast......but still not as fast as @enkriss. :tearsofjoy:

No disrespect at all and it doesn’t matter to me but what does Levi Morgan know about packing out whitetails? It just seems like a disconnect to me. They should have partnered with someone like Jake Bush or Nathan Killin or Troy Pottinger etc. or even the dudes from Southern Sportsman if they were trying to fill that Wat pack thing. I know Levi has been stacking up the bucks lately but really. I’m not tryin to be negative. Perhaps I’m unaware.
I agree. Most of these people are out of touch on how normal blue collar people hunt public land. I’m sure he drives his side by side right up next to the deer on his manicured farm or the private properties that he hunts all over the country.

Back