• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

DIY umbrella

I actually stay pretty dry under the umbrella, less the tether drip, but you may be on to something there. The drip is the result of the tether loop absorbing water that's running down the tree and funneling it down into my lap. If I could come up with a waterproof shield to fold over the tether and lay between it and the tree maybe I could keep the tether drier where its wrapped. The water would drip off of the cover and not be funneled into my lap. I've always just tired to create a method to re-direct the drip. Maybe I should be trying harder to keep the tether dry. Hmmm something to think about . . . Thanks @Weldabeast!
In My Teepee I tied a Pc of Cord Around the Poles to allow water to run down the cord rather than drip onto my liner. Could tie a pc of 550 around the tether and let the water run down to drip off it in front of you.

When all you fellas get old you will know better than to hunt in the rain. :tearsofjoy:
Whew, I thought I was getting old, must be I haven't gotten there yet. :tearsofjoy:

Seriously though, with all the lake effect rain we get here in October, if I didn't hunt in the rain it would cut my hunting season effectively in half.

Seriously though, with all the lake effect rain we get here in October, if I didn't hunt in the rain it would cut my hunting season effectively in half.

Agreed, I avoid hunting in the rain but some years here in Louisiana it’s unavoidable if I wanna hunt at all. I always felt bad for the PacNW guys I’d imagine they get wet a lot while hunting.

Back