• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

knots

1. tarafrost

Attaching quick link to rappel rope: Scaffold knot or sewn loop/girth hitch?

I'm looking to buy a 40' Canyon Elite rappel rope, and the supplier will put in in an eye at the end for a reasonable fee. So....wondering what the pros/cons might be of getting a rappel rope with a sewn loop at one end and using that to girth hitch to the quick link versus using a straight...
  2. P

Knot to tie climbing rope to throw rope for SRT

With a pre-set or with the throw line, what knot are you using to tie on your climbing rope so it doesn’t get hung up In the crotch of the tree or slip out on the pull?
  3. mtan1446

Helpful Knot Videos

Stumbled across these REI climbing knot videos when trying to put a stopper on my bridge. They're pretty helpful for someone who's just starting out.
  4. Fuse Dude

Besides Ropeman1 and Prussiks

Besides Ropeman1 and Prussiks, what are the preferred knot alternatives as well as preferred tenders? I loaded up my Prussiks yesterday and they got really tight, and thought maybe a tender pulley might be in order. I read on an arborist forum the Prussik shouldn't be the on loading mechanism...
  5. J

Breaking stuff

Found this awesome video on breaking stuff
Back