• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

‘Climb of shame’ or bad luck ?

It sure seemed like a good spot.

I'm not sure why but a few days ago the deer started coming out in the field from the South West corner so I figured I'd test climb a tree or two mid-day to get a jump on them...
If I decide to climb that tree again im'a gonna use my spikes! ;)

It sure seemed like a good spot.

I'm not sure why but a few days ago the deer started coming out in the field from the South West corner so I figured I'd test climb a tree or two mid-day to get a jump on them...
If I decide to climb that tree again im'a gonna use my spikes! ;)

Negative. That would be admitting defeat. What you need to do is tie off a section to leave in the tree that you can connect to when you climb it next time.

Many a man’s rope has fallin into this trap for centuries.

Damn sure has. I was thinking how to eloquently express that very thing when I saw the gem you had posted. Can’t put it better than you did.

You managed to dig that in pretty tight so this may not have worked but if something like this happens again, connect a carabiner to the rope, toss another line over a higher limb and pull the carabiner up with that higher line. Once it reaches where the rope is snagged, the carabiner would pull the rope up and out.
FBCD1ABF-F9B7-41DD-AA8C-FAF7A704B588.png

I should put together an Bob Ross style art book and call it "Happy Lines. A collage of artwork on Saddlehunters.com".

Back