• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

“Influencer” fall - Kaitlyn

bowhuntr09

SH Member
Not sure if it’s been posted elsewhere, but Kaitlyn Maus said she fell about 12ft yesterday and broke her ankle I believe. It’s currently on her IG story.

Apparently she climbed down, had to pee, took all her gear off and decided just to quickly climb up and take her platform and sticks down. She didnt put her saddle back on. At some point she untied a stick and then grabbed it and put weight on it and fell landing on her feet.

Had to call local friends and be carted out on her own deer cart and went to hospital. May need surgery, unsure yet.

Darwin is always in the shadow lurking, waiting for you to be lazy or make a simple error. Be careful everyone.

After pounding for a week I understand how the lazy factor starts to creep in or with me especially, I absolutely loath the time required to setup and take down each time. I like when I’m all set and saddled in to hunt….. the best experience ever….. but I absolutely do dread setting up and tearing down. I’ve found myself over the week starting to consider taking “shortcuts,” like when I’m tearing down, on my sticks off the platform and just starting to go down without putting my LB on at first and doing it instead on the second step down because then I have to do it to undo the stick and wrap up the ropes etc. bad! Always be connected!!!

I hate to hear she took a bad fall. It only takes one second of complacency to get you. I've been guilty of it many times and been lucky. That is the one thing that I really love about the way I climb now. With 2TC I am connected to the tree 100% from the time I step foot off the ground to when my feet touch the ground again after the hunt. I'm never not connected and rarely not under tension, so it really removes the temptation to get complacent.

Last edited:
I am chaotic with most daily activities but climbing I really stick to a system and enjoy it. My system, the safety gear also makes it easier to climb and fiddle with stuff. No reason not to use it.

Also never underestimate what cold and/or adrenaline will do to both dexterity and judgment.
Me too. I have a very specific order I do things in both when climbing and descending. The reason is so that I don't forget anything and keep myself safe.

Me too. I have a very specific order I do things in both when climbing and descending. The reason is so that I don't forget anything and keep myself safe.
Yes this......i can doi it blindfolded in the dark.and in my sleep.organization of your gear shines in this aspect..simplicity matters, for eliminating misteaks

Yes this......i can doi it blindfolded in the dark.and in my sleep.organization of your gear shines in this aspect..simplicity matters, for eliminating misteaks
I can do all that (even videotaped a blindfold climb) but I'm still using a stick - diy modified at that. o_O

Edit: I can troll a little bit too. :tearsofjoy:

I can do all that (even videotaped a blindfold climb) but I'm still using a stick - diy modified at that. o_O
Thats a Real gangster Cowboy strait outlaw Rebel!!!......you know ...like me....just older.....with a little more gear...better looks,brains...stuff like that

Last edited:
Back