• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

“Ready to Climb” Pack Setups

Loop

SH Member
Anyone have any sweet “ready to climb” pack setups?

One thing I absolutely hated last year was taking my pack off at the tree and disconnecting everything, seems small but I think there’s something with the simplicity of being able to walk up to a tree and start climbing.

After watching some of Boyne Bowhunter’s (not sure how to tag him) videos I decided to one stick this year and really appreciated the simplicity of his turkey vest set up where he can walk to a tree, pull out the stick and start climbing. Wondering what other members have going with this in mind.

I get many people carry the stick in and are ready to climb but I am looking to have at least one free hand maneuvering through thicket lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have my bow strapped to my pack and my stick(s) slung over my shoulder as I walk in. I get to the tree, get my stick(s) ready, hang one and start climbing. When I get to height, I connect my tether to the tree and hook into it. Then pull my strap out of the SYS Hauler, girth hitch it on the tree, and hang my pack on it. I open the pack, get my platform out, hang it andclimb onto the platform. After that, I adjust the height of my strap/pack (if necessary), hang my bow along with whatever else I need and start hunting.

Back