• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

NO. Tie and knot and live.

And I know..I'm a sissy :)
But go ask on an Arborist site and get yelled at by every one :)

You also have to think about how it will age. But seriously, this is in the HELL NO category.
I have a bunch of soft shackles. I hang tools from them. But that's it

Last edited:
NO. Tie and knot and live.

And I know..I'm a sissy :)
But go ask on an Arborist site and get yelled at by every one :)

You also have to think about how it will age. But seriously, this is in the HELL NO category.
I have a bunch of soft shackles. I hang tools from them. But that's it
justsomesmartdude! Yeah, they would be all over that.

There are some tests on strength of soft shackles... if done right they are very strong. I have made a few out of 1/4" amsteel & used them to support a tremendous amout of tension.

Oh man Im with you! Im new to trees but climb a lot of rocks... I'm very fond of my locking biners.

Would you guys feel confident these wouldn't open?

https://www.duroknot.com/duroknot-soft-shackle/duroknot-soft-shackle

I bought two of the DK2-70's as a way to attach fixed length bridge to whatever sling or saddle I use.

Weight wise - they are less than half an ounce, and no metal. (half a camp nano tiny biner, a quarter of my autolock petzl biners).

I can't see how they would open under load, but there's a part of me that could see them getting caught on something not under load and opening the loop.

Thoughts? It would be a much cleaner quieter connection that would allow two spliced eyes for a bridge.

How do you plan the application of them...?
(Pics....??)

Back