• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

2 Step Aider Safety

I recently made 2 step aiders from 3/16 Amsteel. You can see I basically made 2 pieces with brummel locks loop splices on each end (dogbone) and fuel hose in the middle. How I connected the two (same) pieces is what I'm concerned about. If you reference the pic you can see the bottom loop splits the top Amsteel piece near the fuel hose then the loop goes through that same piece of Amsteel again. Does anyone know anything about this kind of connection in amsteel? Intuitively it seems very strong to me but I haven't seen anyone else do it (other than the one vid). Even if I just knew the name of it I could research it more...I mostly want to know that I'm not loosing more than half the breaking strength.

Attachments

• Saddle3.jpg
    Saddle3.jpg
    573.2 KB · Views: 21
  • Saddle2.jpg
    Saddle2.jpg
    482.6 KB · Views: 20
  • Saddle1.jpg
    Saddle1.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 20
I don't know the name of it however that's how I made mine. Probably from the same video. Ttt for you.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Back