• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

2018 Saddle Setup

Zddog

Trying to make this thread be the go to spot for all your 2018 saddle setup pictures and thoughts

2dee73480a8d46ad10dd82c96e82d429.jpg

37a160064ba7dcd8be5b2c1c8df54ad7.jpg
a8645fe1fa1f589b7be919f9764e18d1.jpg
07a7282bab47ceab7053d30db36b8069.jpg

6acb5fbc3f420df99b9e1e83f054320d.jpg
158ae672e48c8765295da5823ce8f36d.jpg
f41e44994f0bd9f7906b719e6e856604.jpg
0fd5f069ba315cad25d0267a3bf03645.jpg
807d7b788c06bc509f402b673b93b5df.jpg

My bow holder setup is a knockoff if @g2outdoors video of his bow holder. I used to make my loops it works great.

9edcaacf961aec1c3f072e97c963ebf2.jpg

The backpack weighs the ratchet strap down perfectly and the nite eye hook never moved. Only thing I would probably do over was get the bigger nite eye hook. I currently have one that holds 100lbs which is enough weight but I have to angle my bow to lift it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Gameplan Gear Bow bat is something I’ve had for years and dusted it off this year for my bow carrier. It works great and doubles as a knee pad if you didn’t want to wear knee pads. It also allows me to carry bigger things on/in my backpack.

Kite saddle with webbing bridge (Mantis arriving Friday)

Three stand options for varying conditions. So far only hunted two quick sits with the Klemz. Longer sits and colder weather I'll move toward the larger platforms I figure.
-Klemz LW Assault
-Windwalker
-XOP Air Raid

3 or 4 Hawk Helium sticks with movable 2 step aider

Mystery Ranch Popup 28 backpack

9mm HTP tether and Linemans with Ropeman 2, BD carabiners. Hang my pack and quiver from the Linemans after tethering in.

Hawk bow hanger.

Pretty light on the other gear. Water, kill kit, folding saw. GPS and milkweed in the pocket.

F3cUTLy.jpg

IYlyfLL.jpg

pNiJH8c.jpg

Tethrd Mantis
3-4 hawk helium sticks
XOP seat platform
Gander Mountain Guide series pack
Rope tether with ropeman 2

My first year hunting out of a saddle, super stoked. My hunting up this point has been all preseason lock on sets so this mobile style is completely new and fresh. Should be fun!

Kite saddle with webbing bridge (Mantis arriving Friday)

Three stand options for varying conditions. So far only hunted two quick sits with the Klemz. Longer sits and colder weather I'll move toward the larger platforms I figure.
-Klemz LW Assault
-Windwalker
-XOP Air Raid

3 or 4 Hawk Helium sticks with movable 2 step aider

Mystery Ranch Popup 28 backpack

9mm HTP tether and Linemans with Ropeman 2, BD carabiners. Hang my pack and quiver from the Linemans after tethering in.

Hawk bow hanger.

Pretty light on the other gear. Water, kill kit, folding saw. GPS and milkweed in the pocket.

F3cUTLy.jpg

IYlyfLL.jpg

pNiJH8c.jpg
What backpack are you using?

So I think I am going to go this route

Small backpack. Take sticks off at base of tree. Bring xop seat and pack up as I place sticks

Changed a couple things tonight

Small pack
Ditched the caribeners

Very smooth except caming my xop seat to lock it down

That took the longest pita

Just wasn’t doing it

Changed a couple things tonight

Small pack
Ditched the caribeners

Very smooth except caming my xop seat to lock it down

That took the longest pita

Just wasn’t doing it

Make sure the strap is lower then the plaform itself. Will make caming over much easier. I absolutely love my XOP seat platform.

Yes, even or slightly below the platform. Pull the strap as tight as possible so it really "pops" as it cams into place.

Yes, even or slightly below the platform. Pull the strap as tight as possible so it really "pops" as it cams into place.

I don’t have a xop platform but I would assume it’s very similar to caming over the wild edge steps (their YouTube page has videos on caming it over) which I just tested out after buying the last week.
e24feed13a8b922db8dc9a10ddbe63d4.jpg

FYI these steps as a platform are rock sold can’t wait to test them out tomorrow.

Back