• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

2024 Trail Camera Thread

woodsdog2

SH Member
I saw this buck I call “The Blade” or just “Blade” maybe twice on camera during the entire season and never saw him on this particular property until late October or early November. Here he beds down right in front of the camera for over two hours last night/this morning!

Attachments

• IMG_5477.jpeg
    IMG_5477.jpeg
    73.1 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_5476.jpeg
    IMG_5476.jpeg
    65.9 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_5478.jpeg
    IMG_5478.jpeg
    71.2 KB · Views: 45
I’m actually leaning towards 3.5 but only because of the fat schnoz and the heavy brisket. Everything else says 2.5.

Only dirty ‘yotes in 2024 but like clockwork, their activity has increased exponentially since Christmas and will likely only get worse through about Easter. 6A97FC7E-73C4-4C52-BA53-A5E4C7FF9387.jpegFDACE2A2-0EF4-40B4-9604-7A20EE5C7364.jpegMy other cell cam’s solar panel hasn’t seen the sun until yesterday, so it’s dead and probably missing the majority of my shed bucks. Oh well, I’m hunting near there later today, I’ll snag it and charge it and check the card then.

Got one this morning that will be a shooter next year. I had just found a bench on some public a week before season ended. Loaded with deer sign and and very little pressure.

9efabf28bf0f6ccb243a66889619c87b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both bucks that I hoped survived gun season did and showed up on cam at the same time sparring in December. Obviously not giants by any means but I have some sheds from a buck with a very similar profile as that ten with the same relative home range that ended up blowing up about 4 years ago.

IMG_0123.JPGIMG_0124.JPG

Big yote or wolf? First pic is a 2yo doe, second is the animal in question, roughly the same spot… huge animal.
My guess is a coyote judging by the posture and the narrowness of the profile, as well as the short legs (generally wolves have longer legs compared to height, this dog looks more squat) and not that it’s a dealbreaker for wolves but I’d expect more than one if it was a wolf, though it’s a big ass coyote for sure.

Back