• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

2nd Consew 206 RB-4 Acquired

sojourner

SH Member
I saw a CL ad that had promise, and I did a thing.

I acquired a Consew 206 RB-4 head only. It is the same serial number prefix, TH, as my other 206 RB-4 so parts are replaceable. And I have experience in getting it set up and timed. Everything turns and moves as expected. No real free play or looseness. Just a side plate missing and in need of new feed dogs and maybe a hook. And also a good cleaning and set up / timing.

And 4 rolls of upholstery cloth and some blaze orange and safety yellow fabric.

Got it all for $220, not too bad.

c70c0dc0a215dec427956fe508d9168f.jpg

Smoking deal. I would set one up as a dedicated edge binder.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Smoking deal. I would set one up as a dedicated edge binder.

Thanks!

I have a juki Lu-563 clone I am almost done setting up. [mention]jhunter13 [/mention] has his 563 clone set up with a synchronized binder, which is supposed to work better than the swing away binder I have/use.

I wasn’t aware of any synchronized binder options for the consew. Are you aware of any?

Thanks

Thanks!

I have a juki Lu-563 clone I am almost done setting up. [mention]jhunter13 [/mention] has his 563 clone set up with a synchronized binder, which is supposed to work better than the swing away binder I have/use.

I wasn’t aware of any synchronized binder options for the consew. Are you aware of any?

Thanks
For the right about of money they will make you whatever you want.

I saw a CL ad that had promise, and I did a thing.

I acquired a Consew 206 RB-4 head only. It is the same serial number prefix, TH, as my other 206 RB-4 so parts are replaceable. And I have experience in getting it set up and timed. Everything turns and moves as expected. No real free play or looseness. Just a side plate missing and in need of new feed dogs and maybe a hook. And also a good cleaning and set up / timing.

And 4 rolls of upholstery cloth and some blaze orange and safety yellow fabric.

Got it all for $220, not too bad.

c70c0dc0a215dec427956fe508d9168f.jpg
That seams like a sweet deal! What state was that deal in? Did you have to haggle down any?

I am not aware of a synchronized binder but i have not looked into it. My binder has a specific foot, feed dog, and plate. No way im swapping all of that out every time. I have a 206rb5 as my primary. I have a singer 111w153 that i upgraded from. It is a great machine but has no reverse. I plan to set it up as a dedicated binder eventually.

That seams like a sweet deal! What state was that deal in? Did you have to haggle down any?

NJ. No real haggling. Was offered for $250. I pointed out a couple parts that need replacing and offered $200 for the machine with $20 for the fabric. I also helped him with info on the gaggle of domestics he was selling. He was trying to clear out a storage area for an elderly lady that had a clothing and boat upholstery business. I probably could have gotten it cheaper, but I wouldn’t have felt good doing that.

I found it on Craig’s list. The ad was up for almost 3 weeks before I saw it and responded.

NJ. No real haggling. Was offered for $250. I pointed out a couple parts that need replacing and offered $200 for the machine with $20 for the fabric. I also helped him with info on the gaggle of domestics he was selling. He was trying to clear out a storage area for an elderly lady that had a clothing and boat upholstery business. I probably could have gotten it cheaper, but I wouldn’t have felt good doing that.

I found it on Craig’s list. The ad was up for almost 3 weeks before I saw it and responded.

I forgot, he had what looked like new consew 206 RB-4 with table and accessories for $400. I missed out on that. One of the relatives of the elderly lady grabbed that one up. Probably because it did not need any restoration work.

There are deals, but it requires a bit of luck, perseverance and following up on ads that may or may not explicitly state the make and model you are looking for. So far, out of my 3 industrials, 2 came from FB (1 where upholsterer retired, 1 where a parachute rigger was retiring / moving) and 1 CL (this machine, where person was liquidating machines for someone else).

Back