• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

30ft up and in love!

PAhunter90

9da3bcafed735af1b73ac67ae4e8c020.jpg

30 ft up with wild edge steps and 3 as a platform. These things are so versatile and took me less than 15 minutes to set up after practice
My go to mobile unit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel ya buddy!

Have several platform options at my disposal and stepps were used on a majority of my hunts last season. Will probably be the same this year, but we shall see.

9da3bcafed735af1b73ac67ae4e8c020.jpg

30 ft up with wild edge steps and 3 as a platform. These things are so versatile and took me less than 15 minutes to set up after practice
My go to mobile unit!

Beautiful! How did you space and climb them? Cain method? Knaider/Swaider? WE aider?

I have my six on order and hope to be practicing this weekend!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Very nice. Andrews videos on his website are great for learning how to do that three step platform. Good luck this year looks like you have it all figured out. I just rewatched it the other day and I always pick up a little bit more information the more I get experience with the step.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I used the WE aider because I bought before seeing what y’all came up with. It works well and fits in bag nicely. The three step platform can be a PIA but after a little practice you figure out how to make it easier. Just amazing how solid they are

I used the WE aider because I bought before seeing what y’all came up with. It works well and fits in bag nicely. The three step platform can be a PIA but after a little practice you figure out how to make it easier. Just amazing how solid they are

How man stepps did you use to get up to 30ft with the aider? I currently have 8 stepps and on the verge of getting an aider. 30ft is a good height, probably my max.

Takes me 7 and then 3 for platform. I’m staying conservative with distance because I know I’ll struggle with clothes on. I feel comfortable to get to 30 with current setup and hunting clothes

Takes me 7 and then 3 for platform. I’m staying conservative with distance because I know I’ll struggle with clothes on. I feel comfortable to get to 30 with current setup and hunting clothes

Question - does the aider "hook" on the WE step cross bar slide back and forth when stepping up or down?

I was concerned with that prior to utilizing but between the tension and the rubberized hook, it doesnt move at all for me

Only made it to 18 feet with my brand new WE steps... but man! What a difference compared to the weight and bulk of sticks!

Knaider/Swaider is still in production and I can't wait to get this high with only three steps!

13068fe1b9e1c78af84795cf25beae6e.jpg

I have been considering the WE steps for a platform. Just dont know if my big feet will fit. What size boots do you gents wear?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I have been considering the WE steps for a platform. Just dont know if my big feet will fit. What size boots do you gents wear?

I wear 11's. This is SH year one for me so take my input on these with a grain of salt. Practice climb #1 yesterday suggested that I wouldn't love these as a platform by themselves, though others seem to. I guess I really need to be hanging in my saddle (it's on order) to feel how this will work. Standing on them in my safety harness with a linemans belt there was too much pressure on my feet to think this could work. I guess it would depend if you are likely to be a "sitter" or a "leaner".

If you are inclined to lean more, ceck out the thread titled Steppladder Platform Prototype" (sorry, not sure how to link another thread). It has pictures and ideas about how to use a piece of plywood with a WE or Primal step to make a pretty sweet platform with plenty of foot room.

I wear 13’s and am comfortable with both feet on one step

I wear 15's, sounds like it might work for me as a platform. I will definitely look for that post.

I use the wild edge aider also. Your spacing is about right on the steps. I like the whole knaider/swaider idea for getting high with minimal weight but in that 3.5-4 foot per step range you don’t need an aider on the way down in the dark.
I wear a size 13 also and find that three stepps make a nice platform. I noticed your three steps aren’t on the same plane. Mine either. It’s more trouble than it’s worth and I think it’s more comfortable to have the one directly in front of you slightly lower. I’m glad you are liking them and the more you use them the more you will love them.

Good info guys, I just ordered 14 steps, don't ask me why because I figured I could get by with less but I almost ordered 16!. I ordered them with the longer ropes because most of the trees in my area are pretty large and I was worried about limiting the trees I could climb. I had planned on 3 for a platform and still wanted enough to get up to 30' if I wanted. I can always use extra steps for a handle or hanger or whatever. Plus with the 10% off I figured I would get them all at once. Now I just need to decide on a saddle!

Back