• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

6mm Accessory Cord Bridge

MegaMoose

Anyone using 6mm accessory cord for their bridge? 7.3kn seems like it would be strong enough. Any reason it wouldn't work?

Thanks

I would not. What is the upside?

then again I am a webbing bridge guy.

and decent 6mm cord is much stronger than that.

Ok, thanks for the tip. Is the 6mm TRC common for a bridge material? My kestrel flex rope bridge seems to be wayy overkill and Id like to lighten it up.

I use two 24 kN climbing slings for my bridge so I would not do it.

Ok, thanks for the tip. Is the 6mm TRC common for a bridge material? My kestrel flex rope bridge seems to be wayy overkill and Id like to lighten it up.

I would use 8mm oplux or something similar for a bridge.

Upside is I already have a lot of extra 6mm cord lol. I used it to tie prusik loops for my rappel autoblock and linesman belt adjustment.

Ok, im slower than most, but im gathering its a bad idea lol.

Thanks guys. Ill probably stick with it as is for now then. If another box of "saddle stuff" comes to my house im gonna have to crash at one of yalls house until the wife cools down lol

If another box of "saddle stuff" comes to my house im gonna have to crash at one of yalls house until the wife cools down lol
I mean if it’s like that, accessory cord life support might not be such a bad idea...

What!? I know somebody else was thinking the same thing...

Don’t forget to figure in the strength lose due to the eye knots, maybe 20 -40 percent depending on which knot. ANSI standards require a 5400 lbs/24kN break strength for ropes, European is 22kN. Since the bridge isn’t hanging on the harness when in use, the weight of it isn’t as important as strength.

Last edited:
Don’t forget to figure in the strength lose due to the eye knots, maybe 20 -40 percent depending on which knot. ANSI standards require a 5400 lbs/24kN break strength for ropes, European is 22kN. Since the bridge isn’t hanging on the harness when in use, the weight of it isn’t as important as strength.
Makes sense. Thanks sir

Back